S&E Wedding Day!

My little brother is officially married!  Wow, the time sure does go by fast!  It seems like only last month they got engaged!  I'm so thrilled for Scott and his new wife, Elizabeth!  

Jordan and I have been gushing about our weekend in Fort Worth earlier this month.  There was so much to do and it was awesome to see family!  

We kicked off the weekend with a casual brunch at the Bird Cafe in downtown Fort Worth which gave us plenty of time to settle into our hotel and get ready for the rehearsal. 
Top Left: Me and the ladies on our way to the brunch!  From R to L: Mom, Cindy, Joanie, Christina, and Me.
Top Right: This is Elizabeth at the brunch opening a few gifts, with the maid of honor, Michelle,  looking on.  We had some great laughs and delicious food! 
Bottom Left: Jordan and I at the rehearsal in the Robert Carr Chapel on the TCU campus.
Bottom Right: My older brother, Andy, and his new wife, Christina!  

The rehearsal went smoothly and everyone met up afterwards at Joe T. Garcia's for some delicious Mexican food!  Joe T's serves fantastic fajitas with all the sides and the food disappeared quickly!
Top Left: Joanie, Cindy, Elizabeth, and Mom
Top Right: Mom and Dad looked so nice!
Middle Right: I just love my Uncle Kenny and Uncle Ray.  They both traveled far to be there that weekend!
Bottom Left: Me and Dad
Bottom Middle: Scott and Jordan
Bottom Right: The two love birds, Scott and Elizabeth, on their last night before the wedding!

Before we new it, the wedding day was here!  The weather was perfect and we had lots of helpers managing all the details that go into the big day!
Top Left: The BRIDE and her Bride Tribe!  Excuse the hair and make-up as we were still primping!
Top Right: Jordan and I.  I loved our bridesmaid dresses! 
Bottom Left: Me and Uncle Ray!
Bottom Left: Andy, Mom, and Dad

S&E opted to follow the tradition of not seeing each other the day of the wedding except they did it with a creative twist!  Before the ceremony, they had a private "first look" moment together.  It was really touching for them to have a quiet few minutes together to savor the day and calm the nerves (plus it made logistics and photos easier).
I probably should have resisted peaking, but I couldn't help taking this picture from the crack in between the sanctuary doors.  I love how it turned out!  

The ceremony was beautiful!  The pastor had such sweet words to say about Scott and Elizabeth leading up to the big day!  I was moved to hear the kind words they had for each other and both of them looked great!  Elizabeth's dress was epic!

Top Left: Elizabeth and her Dad walking down the aisle.
Top Right: The "who-gives-this-woman" moment.  That part always makes me choke up!  Actually, I had to fight back happy tears several times during the ceremony!
Bottom Left: I love small sentimental things and this veil was such a lovely touch!  The veil was from Elizabeth's mother's wedding day and was perfect around the unity candle.
Bottom Right: I have so many family pictures so I couldn't fit them all into this post.  From L to R: Andy, Me, Elizabeth, Scott, Mom, and Dad.


Top Left: Scott and Elizabeth saying their vows.
Top Right: Dad has a family watch that he wore the day he married Mom and he loaned it to Scott to wear on his wedding day!  The original owner was my great great great grandfather, Simeon who passed it to his son, Orson (my great great grandfather), who gave it to his son, Burton (my great grandfather) and then my Dad.  Simeon was born in 1837 so it's crazy to think about the things this watch has seen in 150+ years!
Middle Right: Christina and Nicole.  We have some lovely ladies who have married into our family!
Bottom Left: Elizabeth's bouquet was gorgeous!
Bottom Right: Jordan took this beautiful picture outside after the ceremony!

Top Left and Bottom Right: Church departure with bubbles!
Top Right: They had their save-the-date photo printed on aluminum which was super cool!  This was perfect to welcome the guests on the way into the reception.
Bottom Left: The wedding favors were a sweet little pouch of wild flower seeds!  

I love the details!
Top Left: The reception was at the Victory Arts Center which was formerly a convent built in 1909.  As such, it has a beautiful chapel with stained glass and large windows.  Beautiful place for a wedding reception!
Top Middle: Flowers and programs
Top Right: Such an awesome cake!
Bottom Left: This is a view of the reception hall from the balcony on the 2nd floor.  
Bottom Right: Champagne flutes!

I have SO many pictures so I'm sorry I couldn't share more here!  Congrats to my baby brother and his beautiful bride!  I'm looking forward to many weekends, visits, holidays, and fun together!  Love you both so much!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese it Up

July 4th with Family

Doodles and Drawings