Happy Birthday Jenn Jenn!

Jordan and I had a good little week, but boy, it was cold here in Texas! Dallas didn't get any precipitation, but our temps were in the teens.  The Austin area got some ice so, of course, the Austin schools were closed.  In Texas, any kind of ice or snow is a pretty dramatic affair.  We just simply do NOT know how to drive in that kind of weather and our temperatures usually swing from freezing to melting and back to freezing quickly which only makes the ice worse. At any rate, it was a good week for warm clothes, fires, and hot soup.

The timing worked out perfect at work because we had planned our annual "Soup Day" in my department.  We try to do events here and there and it usually comes out to 1 event per month.  Spoiler alert - next month will be "Pancake Day".  Don't worry, I'll post pictures.

So January soup day commenced!  We had potato, taco, bean, broccoli with cheese, and chicken soup.  We also had some more inventive recipes including minestrone, Thai coconut, and my favorite, beer cheese.  It sounds disgusting, but beer cheese was actually quite delightful.  The beer cheese soup was a great compliment to the taco soup.  Yes, I mixed them and have no regrets.

Left: All the crock pots at work each filled with a yummy soup!  Luckily we didn't blow a fuse this time.
Top Right: Art work from my co-workers.   
Bottom Right: Beer Cheese Soup!  The best comparison I can make to explain the taste is broccoli cheese  soup minus the broccoli plus a hint of hops flavor.

We don't do anything half way at work, so we also had cookies, fresh bread, crackers, and drinks to go with the soup!

Fast forward a few days and we found ourselves at Chuy's celebrating my friend, Jenn's, birthday!  Happy birthday Jenn!  Chuy's was a lot of fun and we got to meet several new people, most of which were Red Raiders!  Even our waiter went to Tech!  Jordan had "Hatch Enchiladas" and I had the "Southwestern".  Sorry...forgot to take pictures of the food.  It was a blast and I'm so happy we got to see Jenn!
Here is "Jenn Jenn" enjoying her margarita and cupcakes!

We got there JUST in time for happy hour so I enjoyed my own margarita. ;)  Frozen with extra salt.  Yum!

And there you have it!  Despite the cold weather, it was a great week with great friends (and food).  Not to worry, the weather has already changed for the better here in Texas, but I hope you stay warm if you're north of us, or south of us if you live in Austin!

One last thought for ya'll before I hit the hay.  I'm an old fan of "Sex and the City" and a new fan of "Sons of Anarchy".  Has anyone noticed the resemblance between Charlie Hunnam (Jax Teller from SoA) and Jason Lewis (Smith Jared from SatC)?  I just think these actors could be twins.

Charlie Hunnam (Jax Teller from SoA) on the left, and Jason Lewis (Smith Jared from SatC) on the right.

Goodnight ya'll!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese it Up

July 4th with Family

Doodles and Drawings