Lake de Last Minute

Jordan and I had a fantastic weekend.  We made a semi last minute decision to head to the lake on Saturday, but it turned out to be an action packed little trip.  We hadn't been to the lake in several weeks so there seemed to be plenty to catch up on.  So, I'll get right to it...

Top: Jordan's fancy new knife that is the size of a credit card and folds into a handle with a blade.  I was not as impressed as Jordan, but it was surprisingly a sharp little guy.
Top Right: We took a ride to the nearby boat ramp.  Since the water is so low (more than 19 feel low I think), all the boat ramps are just totally dried up.  As such, it was a great opportunity to extend the boat ramp even further.  Here is a quick picture of the boat ramp with an extra 50 feet!  Someday when the water comes back up, it will be so wonderful to have the extra slab of concrete (criss-cross rebar with 18 inch centers).
Middle: It's such a typical view and "normal" to see at the lake, but seriously people, this is a lot of meat!  Mom doesn't even bat and eye about it.
Bottom Left: The lake is so dry that there is actually a mini "desert" just past the "beach".  It's pretty fine sand and it's dry enough that there are actually little sand dunes when it is windy outside.  I took this picture of foot prints because it's such a strange sight to see.  The foot prints are from birds according to AJ.  
Bottom Right: I had to include this picture because the smoke smelled so great.  Plus, it's a pretty snazzy lookin' smoker.

Top Left: AJ's go cart.  I'm not really sure what you call this because it's not a small toy car, but it also doesn't fit a person.  It is remote controlled, runs on gas, and is about 2 feet long.  It's just a fun toy!  More on that in a moment.
Bottom Left: Mom got this new salt and pepper set recently.  This little guy just gave me a giggle and is very lake appropriate.
Right: I ended up giving mom the leopard purse from my previous post HERE.  My hunch was right because this purse matched her coat exactly!!!  I think that was just about the best $3.00 I ever spent.  Momma, don't forget I have borrowing rights!

I want to rewind a second and take you back to the desert.  We took AJ's go cart to the sandy area at the lake and found a good little sand dune to do some jumping.  I was a little skeptical because go carts aren't really my thing, but I had a blast watching this little thing fly.  It was also kind of funny to watch AJ run after the go cart.  Apparently the range on the remote control was only about a 100 feet so he had to run after the car a lot.  He got his exercise in for the day!  Here are a few shots for your viewing pleasure.
Jump, Roll, and Fly

We paused on our excursion so Jordan could take a quick picture.  AJ gave me and Abby a ride in the Ranger.  Abby was not impressed.

One of the reasons we decided to go to the lake at the last minute was to see dad's new truck.  This black beauty is all shiny and new.  I'm told it has dual exhaust, a rear-view camera, and a rhino bed-liner.  I was mostly interested in the back doors.  Most back doors on trucks open up to be perpendicular to the bed, but this truck has doors that open up to be parallel with the bed. That was a really nice feature.
I'll let these photos speak for themselves except for the Bottom Right:  In the back seat you'll notice a square car seat.  That would be Sophie's seat (mom and dad's dog).  She loves that seat because she can sit high up and see what's going on while still being steady and secure in the car.  I love that little dirty, grumpy, tomboy pup.

Top Left: AJ describes this as "redneck entertainment".  This is an old trailer that dad got for a summer project (future blog topic).  Jordan, AJ, and I had fun trying to balance on the trailer.  We looked pretty silly but had a good time.
Top Right: Abby and I hanging out in the back of dad's new truck.  I've never seen a rhino bed-liner before but I think it's pretty nice!
Bottom Left: The old trailer inside the new trailer. 
Bottom Right: Just a better view.  That thing is pretty sturdy steal even if you were to scrape off all that rust!

These are a few pictures to show the progress on the island.  This turned out to be such a beautiful piece made by dad.  You last saw the island in my Thanksgiving post HERE and it has come a long way since then.  It has a newly added counter surface and it in the process of getting painted.  I'll have finished pictures for you soon.

Just before we had to leave, Abby and I found some time for a little 4-wheelin'.  Even though I drive like a Grandma, you'd think it would make Abby nervous.  She actually was pretty chill about the ride and could not stand to be left behind.  By now she might know how to spell R-I-D-E. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese it Up

July 4th with Family

Doodles and Drawings