Leaves Fall

I just love lazy evenings.  Now that the weather has finally started to cool down, Jordan and I are able to spend more time outside.  Last week, we enjoyed several evenings lounging and visiting in the backyard.  Abby LOVED being outside for a couple hours too (hopefully bug bites don't torture her)!

Friday night we (Jordan) put together our new utility cart.  With the Fall approaching, we might be hitting up one of the trade days soon and this white gem will come in handy. It might seem a little overkill, but it will be so helpful to have a place to drop my purse, holiday purchases, and emergency bottled water.
You can find this cart at Staples.

While hanging out in the backyard last week, Jordan thought he would trim a few branches from the foliage in our yard.  We have a tall pecan tree and two shrub bushes.  The pecan tree does not yet produce fruit (thank goodness).  Of the two shurbs, one is a crape myrtle but I'm not sure what the other bush is.

Jordan did a fantastic job trimming the tree but we quickly realized that the tree was taller than our ladder could reach.  I'm not quite sure what got into me but before I knew it, I was up in that tree trimming branches.

I did my best to clean up our branches but I had to focus on not falling.  Don't worry, the tree isn't THAT tall but it felt a little scary up there!  Jordan helped me pick the branches that needed to go and acted as my spotter.

The picture on the right is our "progress" picture!  At this point in the tree surgery, the pecan tree was "done" and Jordan was mid-trim with the back bushes. The tree looks SO much better and the yard was still messy!  The face lift made our tree look even taller and hopefully it will minimize branches rubbing against eachother!

After tree trimmin', we enjoyed the cool evening and a few drinks in our rocking chairs. (sheezzz...that sentence makes us sound so old!)
I just love Abby in this picture.  She was channeling her inner "city princess" sitting on my blanket (a safe distance from the icky grass).

That's about all I have for you guys tonight.  This posted ended up short and sweet!  I'll leave you with this humorous/incredible picture Jordan took while we were on our way to the lake.  I think it's amazing how Abby has super self control when it comes to human food.  She smells the food but she seems content not to sneak a taste.  She is such a good little pup when we are traveling in the car.  We are so blessed to have her!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese it Up

July 4th with Family

Doodles and Drawings