Highstreet Antiques Stroll

Last weekend, Jordan and I enjoyed a visit with his mom, Kathy.  She and Jim were in the Dallas area for a short visit so we got to spend Saturday and Sunday morning with her!

We had a bit of a rocky start on Saturday morning due to car trouble, but we managed to visit Highstreet Antiques as planned!  If you're an antique shopper, this is the place to be!  Highstreet Antiques is a very large mall and everything was very organized and clean.  We had a great time slowly strolling through each aisle or "street" in the mall.  

Top Left: Jordan, Kathy, and Kathy (yes, it's confusing sometimes)
Top Right: I found this extra long bread board that I loved and Jordan got a good laugh out of how long this thing was!  Later on, he compared it to a vintage wooden ski.  Hey, I'm sure I'll find a good use for that thing.
Bottom Left: Jordan and Kathy
Bottom Right: Kathy bought us these cute little ceramic birds!  I just love them so much I put them on our nightstand.  Thanks Kathy!

One of my favorite booths was the Chic Cherie Boutique.  Each booth is very unique at Highstreet.  Some feature farm tools, glassware, clocks, furniture, etc. but this boutique's niche was vintage clothes!!!  I think it would be pretty cool if things like dinner jackets, hats, bed jackets, etc. came back in style.  This place had an excellent selection of vintage clothing including everything from prom dresses to fur coats!

I had way too much fun in the hat section.  
The booth owner seemed happy to have a willing victim to try on hats.  I can't even remember the era of each hat but I think they are so much fun!  My favorite hat was the one on the bottom left (1920's/1930's?). The hat on the bottom right was from the 1800's!  Whoa!  

Kathy and me in our dashing and snazzy hats!

About mid way through our stroll, we decided to take a break and grab a bite at the Chocolate Angel tea room.  They have a beautiful space where you can order a meal, tea, desserts, or coffee.  
Top: This is the overall space.  Each table has unique antique chairs, china, and linens.
Bottom Left: The dessert bar!
Bottom Right: Sooo many dishes!  Behind these big china cabinets is a semi-private room in case you want to have a more secluded event.

The three of us enjoyed a yummy lunch!
Top Left: I had the fiesta salad!
Top Right: Jordan had the sour cream enchiladas.  (I had order-envy)
Bottom Left: I tired their thumb print cookie.  It was a good little sugar buzz but to be honest, I've had better treats from their dessert bar.
Bottom Right: Kathy's tuna sandwich.

Sunday morning we visited yet another new place called the Dream Cafe
I barely had time to take pics when we were there, but we both thought the decor was beautiful!  And the menu was pretty good.  You can get everything from hardy french toast to a healthy smoothie!

Last obligatory Abby picture:
Abby begs to go outside just so she can sunbathe.  I love how she lays with her legs behind her. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese it Up

July 4th with Family

Doodles and Drawings