Floral Jungle Ninja

Guys, I can feel it coming!  We are knocking on the door of the first day of Autumn!  Granted, it's not for a couple weeks, but I swear I can smell it!  It is, after all, Labor Day (aka the beginning of all things Pumpkin spice)!  Jordan and I have been busy lately so, true to my form, I'm behind on posts...eeps!  Oh well, 'tis life.

I've got some pictures from our adventures last weekend to share with you all!  We begin with a little purchase from Home Depot!  It's a great season to buy outdoor furniture at great prices if you're in the market and Jordan found an awesome 3 person shaded swing for $40!  At first, I was a little worried about where we would put this thing. It's really bigger than you'd think.  But now that we've had it for a week or so, I think we HAVE to find a permanent spot for it! It's been delightful just sitting out in the backyard with Jordan and Abby in the evenings (after it cools down).
Here are a few pictures from Jordan putting it together and the finished product.  We figured out that it converts from a bench to a flat bed!  It's pretty much all the outdoor furniture our little backyard can handle but, like I said, I really like it!  I think it's a keeper!

Last weekend we got busy playing florist.  I got together with the ladies (Mom and Elizabeth) to work on flowers for S&E's upcoming wedding.  These are only sneak peak pictures but I'm excited to see how they look on the big day!
Top: Mom, Me, and Elizabeth in a jungle of beautiful florals!  Mom's poor dining room was a MESS but it was great to have a large working space!  Sophie's confused expression in the background makes me laugh!
Bottom Left: Jordan and I.  I was on tulle duty while Jordan was hanging out with Scott and Dad.
Bottom Right: Later in the evening, the 6 of us decided to swim and I snagged this shot of a slightly damp Abby.  She is NOT a fan of the water (lake or pool) but she likes to approach the edge (cautiously) to get sniffs.

And then, randomly, we caught a parade in front of our house!!!  Go figure?!  Apparently our local high school performs an annual parade for donors in our area.  After the parade they borrowed our HOA community park for some food and fellowship.  The park was packed.
Top/Bottom Left: I was surprised with the size of the band!  They could use a little work in the synchronization department but I think they'd earned a pass considering it was more than 90 degrees out there!  Great to see kids involved with a band!  Brings back great memories!
Right: At some point last weekend I captured this picture as we drove through downtown Dallas.  I've said a lot of positive things about the Fort Worth area but you gotta give Dallas props for our beautiful skyline!  This is Reunion Tower.  At some point in my life, I think it would be awesome to have a dinner with Jordan in the tower!  I think it would cost like $200 for 2 people to have a meal but still, seems like it would be a fun experience!

Switching topics... Jordan and I recently bought a Ninja!  We aren't jumping aboard the juicer train but we are trying to eat a little healthier.  This little beauty has been perfect for quick berry shakes or a more healthy snack option.
We spent more time than I care to admit researching the "best" blender to buy.  The price points for a blender can range from $30 to $700+!  The market is all over the place with number of watts, number of blades, vortex design vs conventional, plastic vs glass, blah blah blah.  Did you know you can buy used and re-certified blenders?  After all that, we landed on the Ninja professional series.  It's 1100 watts (plenty of power without breaking the bank) and it can function with a pitcher or with a personal cup (ie: an individual shake).  So far, Jordan and I both give it an excellent rating!  Pictured above is our very first Ninja shake!  It was pretty delicious. (Pineapple juice, blueberries, strawberries, ice, and chia seeds)

That's all for today, I hope everyone has been enjoying the holiday weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese it Up

July 4th with Family

Doodles and Drawings