Project Crochet

Today I want to share a little craft with you guys!  I first learned to crochet when I was around 10 years old.  My mom likes to crochet in the winter months and has made some amazing things.  She once made me some purple and white slippers with big pompoms on the top.  I wore those things for a long time and loved those pompoms!

Anyway, Mom patiently taught me how to make my own things and in years following as the weather would cool down we would drag out all our crocheting tools and yarn.  Since it's officially almost Fall, I thought this would be an excellent topic to share!

Last week, I met my BGF (best granny friend), Wendy, at a local coffee shop for a "granny date".  We like to periodically meet to catch up and gossip while working on little crochet or knitting projects.  Wendy taught me how to make fleece blankets last spring and I've enjoyed making them ever since!  There are some great fleece designs out there so hit up your local craft store!  (always use a coupon though!)

Wendy introduced me to Project Linus, a relief effort to bring blankets to kids and babies in need at local hospitals. Project Linus is a non-profit organization that provides homemade blankets to children in need. It is a great cause and it's something anyone can do on a low budget at their own pace.  You can make large blankets or make several small blankets.  All shapes and sizes are welcome.  Sometimes kids just need something soft to hold if they have to have an MRI scan (very scary to small kids).

After learning how to make these fleece blankets from Wendy, I decided to share the skill with my friend, Mallory!  Below are a few pictures of blankets that Mallory and I made to donate back to the community.

If you would like to make a blanket of your own, visit the Project Linus free patterns HERE and look for the "Skip-stitch Blade Instructions"




Happy crocheting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese it Up

July 4th with Family

Doodles and Drawings