Moving Motivators

I've promised ya'll that I'd give you a list of some of my favorite running songs.  First, I want to talk a little about the vast power of music.  Music has been a part of my life forever and can evoke such great memories for me.  Some of my fondest memories play to the tune of specific songs.  When I listen to George Strait, I am immediately transported back to a world of dress up clothes and Saturday mornings.  My Mom would let me "play dress up" and together, we would clean the house. Well, Mom would clean the house, I mostly clomped around in my plastic high heels dusting and thinking I was doing Mom a huge favor. Mom and I would sing along to George (some of his best music came from the 80's/90's) and together we she would get stuff done.

In our house, there was an eclectic taste of music.  It was tradition for my Dad to play blare music through his fancy speakers on a Sunday morning to wake up the whole family to get ready for church.  A tradition I whole heartily plan to do to my kids some day.  Sometimes Dad would play: Rod Stewart "Hot Legs" (aka can't help but shake your butt outta bed), or Andre Bocelli's "La Donna e Mobile" (Imagine Bugs Bunny Conducting an Orchestra), or ZZ Top's "Sharp Dressed Man" (one of my brother, Andy's, favorites), or Eagles "Take it Easy", or Boston "More than a Feeling", or Glenn Miller "In the Mood", or even rooster noises (for real folks, roosters, horses, all of the farm animals).  Sorry I seriously couldn't find the video to that last one!

Music can get your body moving even if you're exhausted and groggy from sleep.  The same thing applies when I'm running.  Music has the power to push me harder and get me through the mind block to accomplish my goal.  I've learned that running is just as much about the mental fitness as it is about the physical fitness.  The same way stretching your legs helps your stride, listening to music helps your endurance.  At least, that's how it works for me!

As previously promised, here are some of my top favorite songs that help me with my mental endurance.  These are alphabetical, but I couldn't resist the temptation to put little stars (*) by my top 10. Enjoy!

Name Artist
As Long As You Love Me (feat. Big Sean) Justin Bieber
* Bad Girlfriend Theory of a Deadman
Battlefield Jordin Sparks
Brokenhearted Karmin
C'Mon Ke$ha
Come & Get It Stephanie Treo
Crazy Train Ozzy Osbourne
Elevator (feat. Timbaland) Flo Rida
Everybody Talks Neon Trees
Eyes Open Taylor Swift
Fat Bottomed Girls Queen
* Fighter Christina Aguilera
Fire Nation Two Steps From Hell
Flat on the Floor Carrie Underwood
Flovor of the Weak American Hi-Fi
Hall of Fame (feat. Will.i.am) The Script
He Better Be Dead Stealing Angels
Heart Attack Demi Lovato
Like a Drug Hard-Fi
* Low (feat. T-Pain) Flo Rida
Magic B.o.B
Mean Taylor Swift
* My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark (Light it Up) Fall Out Boy
* Not Afraid Eminem 
* People Like Us Kelly Clarkson
* Pour Some Sugar On Me Def Leppard
Radioactive Imagine Dragons
Remember the Name Fort Minor
Rock the Boat (feat. Pitbull, Dragonfly & Fatman Scoop) Bob Sinclar
Sail Awolnation
Scream Usher
* Sexy and I Know It LMFAO
Shut Up and Drive Rihanna
Sister Rosetta Noisettes
So What Pink
The Chemicals Between Us Bush
* The Star Spangled Banner Madison Rising
* Till I Collapse Eminem & Nate Dogg
Titanium (feat. Sia) David Guetta & Sia
Tonight Tonight Hot Chelle Rae
Too Close Alex Clare
Troublemaker (feat. Flo Rida) Olly Murs
U Make Me Wanna Eddie Amador & Kimberly Cole
Walk This Way Joe Perry
Want U Back Cher Lloyd
1000 Ships of the Underworld Two Steps From Hell

And as I've said before, no post is complete without a picture, so here's our Abby showing off her mad balancing skills.  Granted, I bribed her with a treat, but her balance is quite impressive!

Alright, now let's go rock this week!  Seacrest out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese it Up

July 4th with Family

Doodles and Drawings