Hot Pepper Halloween

This week has been strange for Jordan and I.  Our work schedules are a little skewed because we made and unplanned trip to see some family in the hospital this week.  Not to worry, everyone is fine and all is well!  I had prepared this post about our Halloween festivities so you'll have to forgive my tardiness in publishing!

Halloween fell on a Saturday this year, which is SO nice compared to past years.  It also happened to be the day TTU played OSU in football so we had our OSU friends, Mallory and Nathan, over for the weekend!

I got a little carried away with the food... Now that the weather is cooling down, it's easier to fire up the oven to make baked goodies.

Top Pictures: This is Mom's jalapeno pepper jelly served with cream cheese and triskets!  Her jelly is a fantastic blend of sweet and fire flavors and makes an excellent appetizer.  
Bottom Left: I branched out a little and made green chili pinwheels for the football game.  This was basically crescent rolls, bacon, green chilies, cheese, and cilantro.  Turned out great!
Bottom Right: We had to have some fresh veggies to cut the spiciness!  Not pictured was Jordan's yummy queso!

For Nathan's bday we got him a jalapeno pepper corer and cooking stand.  I suppose you could say our theme for the day was jalapenos...
Right: Nathan did an excellent job coring and stuffing the peppers!  Those things were HOT!
Left Top and Bottom: Yes, those are surgical gloves.  I highly recommend protecting your hands if you make stuffed peppers.  Better safe than sorry!  We stuffed these beauties with beef, cream cheese, and cilantro.

Other random Halloween pictures:
Top: This is a picture of our TTU Saddle Tramps making the bell circle before the game!  We had a friend at the game and he was kind enough to share this picture!  Unfortunately we lost to OSU (70-53) but our boys got some good points on the board.  Very high scoring game!
Bottom: Have you ever heard of Halloween bingo?  I came across this on a whim and thought it might be fun to do on Halloween with Mallory and Nathan.  You are supposed to fill up your card with characters and costumes that you think people will be dressed as when they come to the door.  Ninja turtle, Iron Man, Cinderella, Elsa, bumble bee, etc.  As people trick or treat, you mark off your squares just like bingo!  I'm actually not sure who really won the bingo game.  I think we were all one square away from winning.  This was a problem since the trick or treaters at the door were likely the last we would see of the night.  We didn't fully fill up our boards to get a distinct winner, but since it was Nathan's birthday, and he got a lot of bingo board coverage, I'll say that he was the winner. 

Sunday morning, the four of us decided to try breakfast at the new Kolache Factory near our house.  I've never been a big kolache fan but I have to say, I much prefer a savory kolache than a sweet donut.  Here are a few pictures from our kolache outing!  I had an enchilada one and Jordan did a breakfast ham and cheese kolache.  They have fantastic flavors!  You can even get a turkey and dressing kolache!

Before Mallory and Nathan had to go, we decided to bust into our geode rocks!  We bought these at Christmas in Cowtown last month and it was exciting to finally crack them open! Each rock had beautiful greyish white crystals.  Plus, Mallory and I had fun using hammers to crush them!

These are a few pictures of the destruction and sparkly centers!  I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do with these beauties but we shall see!  I already took a few shards to work to put in my zen garden.  
I can't believe it's November already!  Do I say that every month?!  It's just that 2015 has flown by and we have less than 50 days till Christmas (47 days to be exact)!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese it Up

July 4th with Family

Doodles and Drawings