CIC and Scott's Birthday

This past weekend Jordan and I had the opportunity to try something new.  I'd never before heard about an event called, Christmas in Cowtown, hosted by the Junior League of Fort Worth.  We had an action packed weekend browsing CIC and celebrating the birthday of my brother, Scott.  Happy birthday Scotty!

These are a few pictures from CIC.  It is basically a big gift market where you can buy unique goods for the Christmas season.  There were a lot of jewelry vendors, clothes vendors, and super cute decor boutiques.

Even though Sunday was Scott's actual birthday, we did the celebrating on Saturday.  It was really a beautiful day to relax outdoors.

We all went to Martin House Brewery in the afternoon to enjoy some craft beers and visit under some shade.  MH is a perfect venue for a low-key get together.  They have lots of space for people to bring chairs, tents, games, and even their pets!  Everyone is friendly and they have a live band to add to the ambiance.
Top Left: The crowd gathered under our tent.
Top Right: Sophie seemed to really enjoy the vibe.  She was a very good girl and seemed to handle the people and other animals well (shocking, I know).
Bottom Left: Jordan brought the washer boards that he had made last year.  After playing a few rounds, they took a break and several strangers started playing!  Everyone was friendly so it was no problem, of course.

I had to snag a few pictures of the building and beverages at MH.  $10 is your entry fee and covers 3 drinks.  They have about 8 different beers to choose from and I liked their "Salty Lady" a lot.  Their selections had several dark flavors but I like the lighter ones better.

These are more pictures of the vibe.  If you're not a beer drinker, it's no problem they have cold water available!  I think it's hilarious that their water comes from a Michelob Ultra tap.

This is the ONLY picture that Jordan and I got together at MH.  Oh how I wish I'd realized that we had a less than desirable background in this picture!  Oh well...that's how it goes.

We took a few other selfies!
Top Right and Left: Scott was very brave and allowed me to post these hilarious pictures.  On the left we are smiling normal and the picture on the right was taken seconds later.  He is attempting to spare me from his sudden burp.  Gross...  At least he had the consideration to blow it away from me, right?  Oh, this cracks me up!  I suppose the birthday boy can take certain liberties!
Bottom Left: Scott and Elizabeth
Bottom Right: Elizabeth and me

Lots of group pictures!
Top Left: Scott and Chris
Bottom Left: Elizabeth and Scott
Bottom Right: Jordan and Scott

Look at this cute couple!  So glad they didn't get this picture in front of the chem cans!

Top Left and Right: John and Remi playing a game of washers.
Bottom Left and Right: Elizabeth had the house looking wonderful and decorated ready for a party!

We had amazing fajitas for dinner!
Nothing is better than homemade fajitas with fresh salsa, mom's guacamole, homemade beans, and rice!

Jordan and I got Scott some new grill tools for his birthday and since he was grilling up the beef and chicken, we had him open his present early!
Chef Scott cooking up lean beef and chicken breast.

Top Left: I didn't get everyone in this picture but this is the gang getting ready to eat!
Top Right: Presents!
Bottom Left: Elizabeth made a yummy ice cream cake for Scott!  As I type this I could really use another piece of that cake!
Bottom Right: Scott about to blow out his candles!  Don't worry, we didn't put all twenty-cough-seven candles on his cake.  Didn't want to burn down his house...lol!

That's all I've got for tonight!  Have a great week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese it Up

July 4th with Family

Doodles and Drawings