Don't Panic, it's a Birthday

I'm a bit late in sharing pictures from my birthday last week.  Jordan and I seem to celebrate our birthdays differently each year.   No woman would say no to cards and flowers but we've really enjoyed doing activities together.  New experiences.

We kicked off the weekend with the obligatory bluebonnet picture.  It seems so cheesy but it's impossible to drive past a field that is thickly covered in blue and white bluebonnets!

The bluebonnets don't last as long as you'd think.  We usually get two full weeks before they start to get burned by the Texas sun.

Friday night we went to a Panic at the Disco concert in Allen.  I just love their music and had been looking forward to this concert for months (since before Christmas)!!
Top: Jordan and I just before the concert!
Bottom: Throughout the show they had several moments of fire, sparklers, streamers, balloons, and at the end they had confetti!  I love this picture taken during their song "Golden Days".

If you've never heard their music before, it's hard to describe...  I think it's a wonderful mix of an original sound combined with unexpected but familiar music.  Most people lump Panic into the "rock" category, but I hear all kinds of influences like: Sinatra, Beach Boys, Fall Out Boy and a little from the gospel genre.  And it's about time that brass instruments were used in main stream music again!  I love the sax, trombones, and trumpets that they use in most of the songs!  It comes together in a cool, off-kilter mix!  Panic also covers some fan favorites from Billy Joel ("Movin' Out" and Big Shot") and Queen ("Bohemian Rhapsody").

Top Left: Jordan and I during the show.  
Top Right: The lead singer, Brendon, did a number in the center of the arena on the piano.  He seems to play every instrument on the stage including piano, guitar, drums (the drum solos are crazy awesome), and then topped it off with a back-flip!
Bottom Left: After the piano ballad, Brendon walked through the crowd from the center of the arena all the way back to the stage!  We happened to have aisle seats and I was just 2 feet away from him!  I was so frazzled that I forgot to video the moment but I did snap this up close picture of him!
Bottom Right: I told you about the fire!  These pyrotechnics punched up the song "Miss Jackson".  

I stitched together a collection of videos into one YouTube link below:

Saturday, we enjoyed a relaxing but productive morning and then had dinner with our friends Steffany and Dustin.  They are such great people and invited us + Abby over!  And let me tell you....Abby LOVED it!  
What a good life this pup has!  

Sunday topped off my brithday weekend with a chill day.  We did a few light chores and then went out to dinner.
After dinner we decided to try this place called "Amazeballs Cake Balls".  They exclusively sell cake balls in all different flavors.  I thought they were good but VERY pricey.  
Right: This picture makes me laugh for so many reasons!


Left: She is such a long/tall dog!  With her extremely short haircut, you can see all her pardi spots.  And her feet look like little hooves!
Right: We discovered our very first tomato in our little garden!  My plants are growing like crazy so we should have ripe tomatoes any day now!  I'll do another garden update in a few weeks!

That's all for today!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese it Up

July 4th with Family

Doodles and Drawings