Bingo and Bowling!

I'm just now getting around to sharing pictures from a few weeks ago.  Jordan and I try to keep our schedule fairly busy for various reasons.  Despite that, we scheduled an off weekend to just do whatever we wanted.  In just one Saturday we went bowling and went to play bingo!

Jordan could bowl for hours and hours if we had unlimited time and money.  He's actually quite good at bowling.  Me...I just like to play a single game, maybe two games tops.  My bowling ball is heavier than I like so my arm got tired very fast!  I'm not nearly as good as Jordan but I'm a fair bowler.  I rarely have gutter balls but I also don't usually score more than 60-100 points.  

It's amazing how childhood memories can stick with a person.  As a child I got my fingers stuck in a bowling ball once while on a field trip with my Grandpa.  I don't remember exactly how old I was, but I was young enough to believe that I'd never get that ball off my hand!  I remember that feeling of dread as the service manager soaped up my fingers and tried to keep me calm.  Eventually, we had enough soap and lotion to get my finger unstuck but the trauma (as I perceived at the time) stuck with me.  To this day I'm cautious about selecting a bowling ball with finger holes that are too small!  

After bowling, we decided to try our luck at bingo.
We researched online and found a smoke free bingo place in Plano, TX.  They do bingo in "sessions" at 7:30, 9, and 10:30.

Lesson: Bingo is not difficult but you MUST pay attention!  Jordan and I sat next to another couple who seemed to be bingo pros.  Thank goodness we had the guidance from our new friends because there are a lot of rules of the game to understand!  For instance, some people play with the old fashion paper and dobber while others play with computers.  Because the computers are faster than the humans, they call out the current number while simultaneously broadcasting the next number on a TV screen.  If the next number (the one on the TV screen) is the number that gives you a "bingo," you MUST wait until the number is audibly called out before yelling "bingo".  If you yell "bingo" before the number is called, it's a foul!

There was a lot going on during the games, in between the games, and in between the sessions.  I was amazed with how much activity was happening around us.  
Top Right and Left: These are various sheets of games that we played. 
Bottom: This is a listing of each game played during each session and how much the prize is.  

Jordan and I did not win any money but we really had a FANTASTIC time!  The bingo hall was clean, smoke free, and they even had a concession stand with very reasonably priced food.  I think we'll definitely have to do bingo again sometime soon!

That's all for today!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese it Up

July 4th with Family

Doodles and Drawings