They Repossessed the Lawn

Last week, while at work, I get a text from Jordan that he's "buying a little sod" for the front yard.  I'm thinking "okay, cool!"  Sounds like a productive "little" task!  When I get home, I quickly learn that a "little" sod is actually an entire truck bed full!  Jordan was kicking some home-owner booty!

Last September, I wrote Dirt Road Prayer and told you about all the weeds we had in our front yard.  We'd attempted to lay grass seed but it was unsuccessful (maybe the seed washed away in the rain).

Then, life got busy and we had a dirt patch in our front yard for longer than we'd anticipated.  Hopefully, the sod will take root and fill those dirt patches!

Here are a few pictures of the process:
Left: This is the easement between the sidewalk and the road before the sod.
Right: This is the same area mid-way through laying the sod.

Jordan had started this little project in the late afternoon so he was working hard by the time I got home from work.  When I drove up, all I could think about was that scene from the movie, Fun with Dick and Jane where they fall on hard times and the landscaping company comes to repossess the lawn.  It's a hilarious scene from an awesome movie.

Here is a YouTube video:

HA!  I just get a good chuckle out of that!


These are more before/after pictures!

Top: This is the "little" sod that Jordan picked up.  Yes, that's a TALL truckload of grass!
Bottom Left: It amazes me that you can buy ready to to go grass!
Bottom Right: Jordan was kind enough to indulge my request for a selfie.  I look like I'm hard at work helping him, but in reality, Jordan did all the work.  I just rolled home and snapped the picture! (*guilty*)

I wont bore you with too many brown grass pictures (I swear it's living grass...for now).  However, I do have this one final "done" picture of our front yard to share.

Let's just hope we can keep the grass watered so that it establishes before the Spring/Summer!

That's it for now!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese it Up

July 4th with Family

Doodles and Drawings