My Husband is a Ham

Hi everyone!  I have a very short post to share with you today.  I just couldn't resist sharing these hilarious pictures Jordan took.  You know, when you're having a rough week, these are the stories that give me a giggle.  And don't worry, I'm sharing these pictures with Jordan's blessing.

Cookies...  I made a big batch of cookie dough in January so that I could bake just a few cookies at a time.  I even went through the trouble to individually ball the cookies before freezing. Despite my easy-bake intentions (and warnings), one afternoon Jordan really wanted some warm homemade cookies so he decided to bake them himself.  After all, the hard part was already done ahead of time!

I had previously cautioned him against putting too many cookies on the tray at a time (so as to avoid something that resembles the continent of Pangaea).  And also cautioned against removing them from the tray before the cookies had a chance to cool.  But no, alas, my warnings fell on deaf ears!

This is the result of Jordan's handy work.  The cookies didn't look very pretty, but at least he didn't burn them!  

Fast forward to a cold week when I'd planned to bake a ham on some random Wednesday.  I've NEVER baked a ham because, well, it's just so much meat and I don't care for ham as compared to other meats.  At any rate, ham samiches were in our future!  Since I don't usually get home until dinner time, I prepared everything ahead of time so that all Jordan had to do was stick the ham in the oven (he works from home).  I asked him to keep an eye on the temperature because we could take it out of the oven when the ham reached 160 degrees.

So this is the picture he sent me 1 hour after the ham had been in the oven, explaining to me that "the ham was already DONE!"  
That's right, the needle is not on 160 degrees per se.  It's in the margin area where the helpful meat temps are listed for reference!  Yes, it IS pointed at 160, but it's not the 160 on the actual temperature SCALE!  I got such a good chuckle out of this so I had to share!

That's it for today!  May your kitchen be disaster free and humorous! #PinterestFails

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese it Up

July 4th with Family

Doodles and Drawings