Tiny Bows and Toes

This past week has been full of little baby girls!  At first, I thought it was a fluke that everyone I know seems to be having a baby, and then I saw this news article.  You see, about 9 months ago, the Dallas area was hit with a pretty harsh ice storm.  We had rolling black outs, lots of treacherous ice on the roads, and our grocery stores were picked over.  I wrote about it in December of 2013 HERE.  So...wink wink...it looks like that is the source of all these births in the month of August!

Last week, I went to visit a co-worker in the hospital who had just had a little girl and I was introduced to little Jade.  This little lady is so precious and already beautiful like her momma.  Just 1 day old and she is already loved by so many people!
Top Left: Jade and me
Right: A closer picture of Jade with the cutest hat ever.
Bottom Left: Did you know they make tiny Sperry's?  Super cute.

And that takes us to another dear friend, Wendy!  Wendy is due in a couple/few weeks with her first baby girl, Harper!  This past weekend we had a lovely shower for Wendy and her nugget.  This shower was B.E.Autiful guys!  Seriously, it was like I walked directly into the Pinterest website.  The hosts really did an amazing job and Wendy looked gorgeous as always!

In preparation for the shower I was trying to think of a gift for Wendy and Harper.  Wendy and I have traditionally been crochet/knitting buddies, but her skills are far more advanced than I.  Crocheting a gift was not a the best option since miss Harper's mom (Wendy) is already the master!

Instead, I opted for a personal gift I found online.  I hated to stray too far from her registry but I couldn't resist!  This is a decorative hanger with Harper's name on it!  You can find these on Etsy.com and they will customize the hanger for your occasion!  

Various pictures of Harper hanger!  Love the name Harper!

The pictures from the shower were too numerous to share them all, but I made a fancy collage below using some of my favorites.  I really regret that I didn't get a picture of Wendy and I.  Sorry folks.  I'll have to get one after Harper arrives!

Top Left: This is a decorative detail that the hostesses made.  This is such a cute way to display a monogram and could be reused in the nursery!
Middle Left: This is the lovely Wendy checking out the hanger.  
Bottom Left: This is a seriously cool "cake" made from receiving blankets!  6 tiers people.  Wow.
Top Right: Even the fruit was custom decorated for the shower!  This is a watermelon/baby carriage.
2nd from Top Right:Water with custom labels! 
2nd from Bottom Right: Baby cakes with a beautiful monogram!
Bottom Right:Sorry for the tiny picture, but this is the whole table/dining room.  
Bottom Middle:Really cute lemonade stand!  Which was super delicious by the way.

Congrats to my lovely friends and their new or on-the-way baby girls.  Thank Heaven for little girls!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese it Up

July 4th with Family

Doodles and Drawings