Pictiona-what?

Oy...I usually talk about our weekend in a post on Monday or Tuesday but we are going on Wednesday and I'm just getting my act together.  Have I mentioned yet that work is totally kicking my butt?  Well it is.  At any rate, we had such a nice and relaxing weekend.

Saturday night we had the opportunity to play games with our neighbors, Nathan and Mallory.  We started with a couple games of euchre.  We always do boys against girls but this time around, us girls had a rough go of it.  The boys won twice.  Bummer.  So we decided to move on to Pictionary.  I haven't played Pictionary in years and we didn't even own it until last year.  I found the game at a garage sale last year but this was the first time we'd used it.  

Abby was getting restless so I pulled her on my lap to help with a hand.

Pictionary is SO much fun.  Why have we not played this game more often?  I didn't realize the level of creativity that the 4 of us possess but it really made for some hilarious drawings.

I very much regret that I didn't get a picture of Mallory but, hey, I was hyper focused on guessing what she was drawing.  
Top Left: Jordan is trying to explain his picture to us girls because we couldn't believe how quickly Nathan guessed it.  Behind him, you can see his version of a "lawn."
Top Right: I had a really difficult card and had to draw "amp".  I started with a speaker and then thought maybe I could draw a "champ" and narrow the word down from there.  But alas, my drawing skills just weren't good enough.
Bottom Left: This is Nathan but I actually don't remember what he is drawing.  The boys were on a different wave length.
Bottom Right:  I couldn't help myself with this picture.  This is Jordan's 1 minute version of "appliance".  Can you guess which of his drawings is a toaster?  Neither could we.

I've mentioned the topic of rabbits in more posts than I remember but Abby is just totally and completely obsessed with bunnies.  She used to greet me at the door after work, but now, she acknowledges my presence by running to the door and begging to be let out so she can "hunt". 

This past week I decided to capture just a few of those moments on camera for you all.  These pictures seem like they should be rare but they are actually daily occurrences at our household.

Top: This little rabbit is smart enough to stay out of Abby's reach but mean enough to stay within her eyesight.  This little guy hangs out behind our shed tormenting Abby.
Bottom Right and Left:  This has become Abby's permanent post lately.  If we can't find her, she's most definitely at the door waiting to go out yet again.

In our backyard we have a flower bed/trough type thing.  Before the severe droughts it was a great place for me to plant plants and grow some veggies.  Today, it's a rabbit safe zone.  In the pictures above, this little rabbit is no bigger than a baseball, but he is old enough to tuck himself behind our trough.

I got lucky with some pictures of Abby with her head tucked between the fence and trough.  I'm particularly proud of these pictures and I'm amazed this rabbit was still enough for me to photograph.

I suppose you could say that I'm getting used to seeing Abby's little rear as she hunts down rabbits.  She spends her days peaking behind the shed, trough, the fence, etc.

Here are a few videos for your viewing pleasure:

And lastly, these are just a few highlights from the weekend.
Top Left: Jordan and Abby for a little ride to get gas.  Don't worry folks, we were stopped at a traffic light.
Bottom Left: Me on my way to the baby shower.  There's no reason to take this picture except that I actually fixed my hair on a Saturday.  That's pretty rare for me.
Top and Middle Right: These are just some random sunset pictures before we played Pictionary.  I just love the blue clouds and then 30 minutes later they have almost cleared.  Just beautiful, isn't it?
Bottom Right: The most amazing coffee in the cutest mug ever.  Mom and Dad got me these mugs for Christmas and I just love them.  This particular mug is my favorite color and it holds the perfect amount of coffee.  For whatever reason I've been waking up super early on the weekends when I'm at home.  I have NO idea why this is but it is very annoying.  The weekend is supposed to be a time to catch up on sleep, but instead I get up almost earlier than I would for work during the week!!!!  Regardless, I love to read in the mornings while Jordan sleeps in.  Thus my sneaky coffee! ;)

Hope you all are having a wonderful week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese it Up

July 4th with Family

Doodles and Drawings