An Element of Fun

Hello everyone!  I hope you're all having a great week so far!  Jordan and I had a fantastic and busy weekend!  I'm not quite sure where to start, but the weekend really flew by. 

Saturday morning, Jordan met up with my dad and brother to golf.  It's funny, because Jordan and I golf very rarely, yet, I think this is my 3rd post related to the topic in the past few weeks!  Jordan was SO excited about this golf outing that he was actually giddy with excitement.  A) he loves to golf  B) he was genuinely excited about hanging out with Dad and Scott and C) he was excited to try out the golf shoes we found several months back.

Here are a few pictures from their Saturday morning adventure.  Photo credit for these pictures goes to Jordan and Scott. (Thanks guys!)  Aren't they a group of handsome men?

More golf swing pictures!  Jordan's shoes are perhaps meant to be worn with slacks but it was hot everyone.

Meanwhile, I spent my Saturday morning at a riveting training seminar for Toastmasters.  I'm being a little sarcastic, of course, because Saturday morning training (45 minutes from home on a Saturday morning) is not exactly my idea of fun.  Still, Toastmasters has been a pretty good organization for me and treats me well.  I did get some good take-aways from the training and I don't have to attend for another whole year.  

If you're looking for an avenue to build friendships, improve your public speaking, and build your resume, I would definitely recommend the Toastmasters organization!  You can read more about it and find a local club on their website!
I don't have any exciting pictures from Toastmasters Leadership training unfortunately.  The left picture is an advertisement about our fall conference coming up.  The right picture is related to the treasurer training I was working on that morning!

Saturday evening, Jordan and I had several friends over for a game night!  We've had a busy summer so we decided to get everyone together for an element of fun!  We have some friends that will be moving out of state soon, so it was a nice opportunity to hang out with them!
The food turned out great!  The top picture is our yummy spread!  (Fruit tray, veggie tray, chips with various dips, and meat/olive/cheese skewers)  Not pictured are some amazing cookies from a neighbor, delicious Tiff's treats, and homemade caramel from Dallas Caramel Company.  And yes... i broke down and couldn't resist a bacon caramel!  Don't you guys love this fancy dip bowl?  Mom let me borrow this and it worked out perfectly!

We had 9 people, I think, so we decided to play Balderdash for the evening.  I had such a blast and I hope everyone enjoyed it too!  The top photo is our tiny coffee table completely taken over by the game.  We needed more player pieces, so we had to borrow from other games to get 9 pieces.  Balderdash is all about making up a convincing story about a word, person, movie, etc.  Basically, that kind of skill is NOT my forte, but for whatever reason, I managed to win!  I think I was over thinking it, but the strategy worked for me.  The bottom left pic is an olive skewer I made before the party.  Those actually turned out well and were very easy to make.  I found the idea HERE

And I had to share this picture of Abby.  All evening long she was acting strange and seemed very worried.  She wasn't used to the noise and certainly not used to having so many people in the house.  She zonked out before we really got into the game!

I really enjoyed game night, but I feel like there was so much visiting that I didn't get to do in a big group!  I definitely hope to spend more time with our friends soon!

Sunday, Jordan and I were both tired from the evening before so we had a chill kind of day.  (Well, not literally, we are still in the Texas heat.)  We decided to go see the movie Maleficent Sunday afternoon.  I've been looking forward to seeing this movie for more than a month now, but I have to say, I was a little disappointed.  It just wasn't all that exciting.  I love the Sleeping Beauty cartoon and Maleficent was entertaining, but we wont be buying this movie.  I don't anything negative per se, it was just "meh" to me.
Sunday was a nice rest before the week got started but then again, I never feel ready for Monday.  Hope you all are doing well!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese it Up

July 4th with Family

Doodles and Drawings