Garden Glow Lights

For years now I've wanted some soft glowing lights in our backyard.  We have 4 really cool teakie torches but they are a lot of effort to set up and light.  A few weeks ago we found and purchased a string lights at Sams that were an excellent quality (strong plastic, LED bulb) but they just didn't seem right.  Maybe I'm too picky, but I wanted specific features: soft white color, remote control, LED, durable, at least 36 feet long, etc.  After some shopping around, we returned the lights to Sams and bought a different set from Costco.  The new set had ALL the features we were looking for!  The fact that this set has a remote makes it SO easy to turn the lights on and off!  I love them!

Top Left: Jordan was exuding happiness as he used his new ladder for the task!  I have to admit, the new ladder is MUCH safer than our last one and is very versatile! 
Bottom Left: Ya'll know how I don't like to mark up our new fence!  But even I had to acquiesce to a few drill holes to hang the lights.
Right: The bulbs are 2 feet apart and the full strand of lights is 48 feet!

Our little garden is beginning to look haggard now that the Summer heat is setting in!  It's still going strong with fruit production though!  We've had SO many amazing tomatoes and cucumbers lately!  I've also enjoyed picking a few green onions and chopping them up for scrambled eggs or salads.
Top Left: I let these cucumbers grow a little toooo big but they were delicious!  So far I've made pickles (nothing like Mom's, but tasty), cucumber salad, and I've used them in green salads and chicken salad.  I think my favorite way to eat them is skinned and raw with salt.
Bottom Left: Tomatoes are so pretty in various shades of red, orange and green!  Every day I pick another 15 cherry tomatoes and this bowl is always nearly full!

Blah, blah, blah, tomatoes....I know I sound a little nutty talking about tomatoes so much.  I love the taste of tomatoes, but they are also a lot of fun to photograph!
You can practically see "hair" on the tomatoes like peach fuz!

That's all I have for this short post today.  I'll leave you with a picture of our backyard with the new lights!  It's a tiny little yard but it's ours!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese it Up

July 4th with Family

Doodles and Drawings