Saab Story

We've really enjoyed our Saab SUV since we purchased it in April of 2014 (you can find that post HERE).  The experience of buying a new/pre-owned vehicle was stressful, but I'm so glad it all worked out for the best (so far).   Having said that, used cars need a little extra TLC (and money)...

Jordan takes excellent care of our vehicles and always makes sure we are up to date on oil, tires, inspections, fluids, blah, blah.  This guy even gets gas for me all.the.time!

Despite his best efforts, my Saab had a little hiccup last week.  On Thursday it started up a little funny but I dismissed it as my imagination (lesson learned).  Friday after work I bounced out to the car ready to head home for an enjoyable weekend only to discover that the Saab wouldn't start!  (Turn key--click click, turn key--click, click, nothing)  

It was a hot day to have a bum vehicle, but fortunately for me, Jordan was in the area and was able to come rescue me!  Yes, I know how to use my jumper cables on my own (every girl should), but I had no idea if the battery was even the problem!  It turns out I had a bad alternator which made my originally healthy battery into a dud.  
Thanks to this guy, we got the car into the shop right away!  With a little negotiating, we got a fair price and the Saab is back in business.  We also discovered that it's possible to buy USED alternators! 

The next thing on our list is to handle a Saab recall.  I think it has something to do with the headlamps?  I don't know exactly what was recalled, but it sounded fairly minor and Jordan is on top of it.

One feature of the Saab that I LOVE is our auxiliary plug!  We had this installed into the vehicle a few months after we bought it and I LOVE it!  It's so nice to listen to the music on my phone using the car's stereo system.  Not to sound like a diva, BUT I think the auxiliary plug and bun warmer features are must haves for any future vehicle(s)!
CarToys did the installation for us and it seemed like a rather cumbersome process.  The whole gear shift had to come out!  In the bottom right, there is an on/off button so you can turn off the auxiliary if you don't need it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese it Up

July 4th with Family

Doodles and Drawings