Crosswalk Painting Ragtime

This last weekend we were pretty busy!  We didn't seem to be too productive, but we definitely had fun!

We kicked off our weekend Friday night by stopping by Angela's at the Crosswalk in downtown Plano.  I have a work friend who plays in a band and they were performing at Angela's!  The band, Iron Fist of Duncan, is a cover band that performs everything from Ed Sheeran to Foo Fighters to Bob Dylan.  I wasn't sure what to expect, but the music was fantastic and the atmosphere was very welcoming and lively!
Top Left: This is the vibe inside the restaurant.  This place was packed but we managed to get a decent table!
Right: Jordan and I in front of Angela's!  It was a beautiful day considering it's been raining for-ev-er in Texas.

The downtown Plano streets remind me a bit of downtown Fort Worth (only a much smaller scale).  Everyone is friendly and each pub or restaurant you pass is really interesting.

Saturday morning/afternoon we worked on a few paint projects with our friend, Jenn.  She had a cute end table to repaint and I've had my eye on repainting a rather orange looking shelf in the office.  We reorganized our office space in September of last year (pictures HERE) but this shelf needed a bit of attention. 
I normally wait to post painting projects until they are done but in this case, the project was sort of a whim.  I'll post an "after" pic when we finish (eventually).
Left: This is our "before" picture.  A few shelves are removed but you get the gist.
Top Right: This project is low maintenance as far as taping goes.  There is a lot of surface area but it only needed a little tape on back to keep our edges sharp.  No reason to waste paint painting the back of the bookshelf!
Bottom Right: I got started with the paint.  We are using Annie Sloan chalk paint in Paris Grey.

Top Left: Jordan has some wonderful tools in his arsenal.  He used his pneumatic nail gun to fix some loose paneling and he shored up the shelf to make it a little stronger.  Tools are expensive but they sure made our projects easier!
Top Right: Jenn and I totally focused.  We looked like a painting crew since we both wore purple t-shirts!
Bottom Left and Right: Progress pictures for Jenn's side table. This piece has casters so it's actually a handy piece for a kitchen island or storage.  Loved the deep navy paint color too!

Top Left: Jordan and Jenn mid-painting.
Bottom Left: This is very nearly the "after" picture of Jenn's piece! Like I said, it's a beautiful blue.
Right: I over estimated how much paint we had and ran out in the middle of my project.  We'll get more paint and finish it soon enough.  It's hard to tell from the picture but the chalk paint has such an interesting texture.

Saturday night we had fun at the theater!  Jenn happened to have tickets to see the Dallas Summer Musical, Ragtime so we cleaned the paint off us and headed downtown!  In an effort to spare ourselves the traffic, we took the DART to Fair Park.  This was Jordan's first DART ride so he was pretty interested.  (He must have the map of the route memorized after all the studying he did!)
First DART ride!

Ragtime pics!
Top Left: This is the playbill for Ragtime!
Bottom Left: Our four-some!  Jordan, me, Jenn, Jason!
Right: Picture of us on our way to the theater!
I can honestly say that I enjoyed the show but I have to admit, seeing Wicked spoiled me.  The story-line of Ragtime seemed to drag and the sets were extremely sparse, in my opinion.  The music and the performers where fantastic though!  Those actors and actresses have beautiful and powerful voices!

Well, that's it for me today!  It's a miracle that I've managed to post this blog because we've been without Internet or cable for nearly 2 weeks now.  If you don't know, Verizon sold several of their territories to Frontier and it's been a disaster.  Frontier doesn't seem to have capable technicians and even our account information is all jacked up!  That debacle is to be continued...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese it Up

July 4th with Family

Doodles and Drawings