Wicked

Have you heard of the Dallas Summer Musicals?  If you live in the Dallas/Ft.Worth area, I highly recommend catching a musical this summer!  This year is the first time Jordan and I have attended a DSM but I have a feeling that we'll be going more often!  This summer they launched some great shows including Wicked, and The Little Mermaid to name a few!  I think The Little Mermaid dates are closed but Wicked is open through 5/22!

For our first DSM musical out of the gate, we decided to see Wicked.  It's such a popular show and I've heard fantastic things about it!

We boot scooted downtown on a Friday night as early as we could and decided to grab a bite to eat at the Pizza Lounge.  I've never been here but the pizza was fantastic!  We had the "Sofa King" pizza which seemed to appeal to both of us. 
Left: Pizza Lounge menu - they've got this retro glamour theme which was kind of cool.
Right: Our pizza full of toppings.  This was more than enough food for us to share and still have leftovers.  
Bottom: I had to get the description of our Sofa King pizza!  YUM!

And then it was musical time!!!  
We had a pretty good parking spot but next time I think I will refrain from wearing high-heals.  I was so excited about our date night but my feet were killing me after the walk to and from the theater.
Left: This is us in front of the DSM billboard!
Right: This is the playbill cover.  

Top Left: This is the full listing of the cast.  I thought they did an amazing job casting the parts of Elphaba (Emily Koch) and Glinda (Amanda Jane Cooper).  They both were amazing performers and vocalists!  I loved Ga-Linda's physical comedy just as much as the hilarious script!
Top Right: The Music Hall at Fair Park is okay.  I thought the sound could be improved but it accommodated a lot of people!  We had seats in the red area and I think next time we will spring for tickets a little closer to the show.  The venue did a good job controlling the crowd but it was distracting when people arrived late!
Bottom: I can't take credit for this picture but wanted to give you a close up of the show!

Let's see... in other news, Dallas continues to have storms and wonky weather.  Fortunately, Jordan and I haven't had any further damage since the last storm.  We've had some hot days (high 80's and barely 90's) but the rain has helped to cool things down every couple of days.  Now that the lakes are full, it should be an exciting Summer!

In between storms, Jordan and I had the opportunity to plant some spring flowers.  In the last hail storm we had some broken planters and beat up flowers so the timing worked out to clean up the backyard.
The above pictures are various red and purple plants in our backyard!  Now we just need to tackle the front yard (weeding, trimming, etc. etc. - ugh...).

Well, that's it for today!  Hope you all are having a marvelous May!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese it Up

July 4th with Family

Doodles and Drawings