Back-up Dinner Plans

The last weeks have been a bit of a hodge-podge for Jordan and I.  We've both been very absorbed in work so we are beat in the evenings.  Fortunately, we've had great weather the last few weekends and the Memorial holiday is alllllmost here!

A few weekends ago we decided, on a whim, to have a fire with some of our neighbors.  We managed to have a productive day and it was great to relax with some friends!  Here are a few pictures from our little fire night.
Over the years, we've built quite a good selection of chairs, tables, and accessories to go with a fire.  Pictured top right is one of my new stemless wine glasses!  Glass is so iffy outdoors and these beauties offer style and even a little insulation.
Bottom Right: These torches are just great!  We have 4 and they illuminate the backyard very well!  Maybe it's my imagination, but it seems like these torches (the fire) deter mosquitoes too!

This season we missed the bluebonnet blooms (#Fail #ObligatoryPicture).  The bluebonnets in our favorite location didn't bloom quite as much as they have in past years and time just got away from us.  Not all is lost though because everywhere we turn there are wildflowers!  The cities in and around the Dallas area do a great job seeding areas with wildflowers.  On a lunch break together we took some impromptu selfies!  It was one of the best lunch breaks ever!  I'm so happy our jobs (usually) allow us to see each other during the day if we want.
The sun was very deceiving that day!  I had trouble keeping my eyes open even though it was rather cloudy!  Love the purple and pink flowers!

Fast forward a little bit to last weekend... My cousin, Mandy, was in the area so we met up with her and our friend, Kara.  We threw our plans together quickly but it turned out to be a fantastic afternoon!  Thank goodness for yelp!  After reading some quick reviews of highly rated BOYB places in the area, we narrowed it down to a place called Tony's Pizza and Pasta about half way between Dallas and Fort Worth. Yum!
Restaurant pictures! -- Oy, I felt so full after eating that delicious food!

Top: Kara, Mandy, and I
Bottom Right:  I am (most definitely) not a Chardonnay person.  I find Chardonnays to be dry and bitter but this bottle was amazing!  It's called Perimeter, nothing special but I must find it the next time I'm in shopping.

This last week Jordan's brother had some work in our area so we got to see him a few times for dinner and Abby got some good uncle play time.
Top Left: Abby was pretty rowdy and was in such a playful mood!  In this pic she is contorting to escape Jordan's chase.  "You cant catch me" has been her favorite game ever since she was a puppy!
Top Right: Telling Kevan secrets!
Bottom: Such good lookin' men and pup!

Speaking of that little munchkin...she just got her haircut!  I've posted about Abby's hair as it's own subject in the past but I can't resist.  I swear she is a different dog.  She goes from a wild uncouth "dog" to a clean and dainty "lady" after a haircut!
Before and After
Beautiful little beast.

Lastly, I leave you with this meme.  I don't know why, but this really resonated with me and I laughed for half an hour!  Dinner is always tough for me (us) to plan.  I try, I really do, but adulting is hard.  Sometimes we are on point with healthy meals and sometimes, well, sometimes frozen pizza is your friend. 
HA!  Cracks me up!

Happy Memorial Weekend everyone!  Thank you to all the men and women who have/are serving our country!  Let freedom ring!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese it Up

July 4th with Family

Doodles and Drawings