Unattended Consequences of Gravity

It took me a while to get to this particular post.  I enjoy taking pictures on our nice camera but the process of getting those photos into a virtual format is becoming more and more cumbersome.  At any rate, I've got some good ones for you today!

Mother's Day weekend Jordan and I went to the lake!  It was great to see Mom and Dad but we also met my cousin, Mandy, there!  (Love that she lives in Texas now!)

Top: This is the three of us in the back of the jitney!  Well, five of us if you add Abby and Dexter.  The new jitney is SO nice!  It's a smooth ride and can fit 6 adults comfortably!  I think jitney rides are my top favorite activity at the lake (on land).
Bottom: The Brute cooler (50 quart) has been such a great accessory for our lake trips.  It's kind of like Jordan's version of a man purse and we take it everywhere we can!  Anyhoo, as a small surprise, I bought him this cooler divider for the Brute.  This was one of the first opportunities we had to use the divider and it worked great!

More "ride" pictures:
Top Left: Mandy and I hanging out in the back of the boat!
Top Right: Jordan and I on the jitney!
Bottom Left: Dexter soaking up new smells on the jitney ride!
Bottom Right: Sophie testing fate by leisurely sitting on the back of the boat while we were picking up speed.  Soph is a little dare devil and seems to be completely comfortable with water.  (Notice Abby is not on the boat - she's not a fan of the water)

Mom and Dad always have a project at the lake.  This weekend Mom was working on re-painting her cast iron chairs.  I took a few "before" and "after" pictures to show her hard work!
She used the wire brush to flake off the old paint and then used a glossy fresh black to re-paint!  The chairs look AMAZING now!  Excellent work Mom!

In other news...we had an interesting lake mishap.  This crazy story inspired the name of this post and let's face it, the lake is a hot-spot for "fascinating" events.

Mandy and I were sitting at the pavilion just visiting and enjoying the nice weather when AJ came up to tell us that the 4-wheeler had "fallen down the hill".  Huh?  How does the 4-wheeler fall down a hill?  Naturally, Mandy and I didn't believe AJ so we didn't exactly rush to the scene.  We fully expected some kind of water balloon ambush, in fact.

As it turns out, AJ was not lying.  The 4-wheeler really was in a bad way.  Somehow or another, the 4-wheeler had rolled off the retaining wall in the back yard!  Luckily, it did not roll all the way down the hill and into the cove (where the boat was parked).

Here is a picture of the scene when Mandy and I walked up.  The 4-wheeler was on it's side and had stopped on the small platform where the grill usually sits.
My prevailing thought at this point was "please please, I hope Jordan wasn't the last person to drive the 4-wheeler!"

Did I say that the grill broke the fall?  Yup...the grill took a beating to say the least!
Right: The grill was completely destroyed!
Left: Mom and Dad weren't exactly "mad" but they seemed pretty baffled.  At this point we were operating under the theory that the 4-wheeler was parked in neutral and the wind gave it a nudge off the retaining wall.
Bottom: The solar light was completely flattened.  LOL!  

With some muscle, we managed to get the 4-wheeler upright and back on flat land.
Mom, Dad, Jordan, AJ, and Chris did the heavy lifting!  Once we got the 4-wheeler back up the stairs, we assessed the damage.  It has a pretty good dent in the back fender, but it started right up without problem!  Thank goodness!  

And lastly, I have some other random pics to share:
Top pup pictures: Dexter is such an energetic dog and enjoyed the wide open spaces to play fetch with a rubber ducky!  I also grabbed this pic of poor Fluke in his cone-of-shame.  He had a little paw-cedure.  
Bottom Left: I just love this whale rug!  We got it for Dad's belated bday present and I get a good chuckle when I see Moby Dick.
Bottom Right: Everything is in bloom this time of year!  This is Mom and Dad's double pomegranate bush!

Top: Abby seemed to enjoy herself at the lake (not on the boat).  My mom took this hilarious picture of Abby with her face FULL of burs!  This little lady stuck her beard in something and had burs all over her!  I spent the whole trip home picking them out of her fur!
Bottom: Dad's Cornhole game - built to regulation specs, I might add.  These boards are beautifully painted, buffed, and varnished.  

FOOD!
There is SO much food at the lake!  We had amazing steaks, guacamole, watermelon, corn, salad, and potatoes!  Admittedly, food is one of my favorite things to photograph!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese it Up

July 4th with Family

Doodles and Drawings