Duck, Duck, Turkey

Oy…I’m a few weeks behind posts and I’m just now finding time to write about our Thanksgiving festivities!  This year, Jordan and I both have different jobs so I wasn’t quite sure what to expect for the holiday.  As it turns out, we both had lots of flexibility and time off so that made our break fantastic!

Let me jump right in to it!  This Thanksgiving Jordan and I traveled to San Antonio to see his side of our family!  It was great to chase the kiddos and catch up with everyone.  While on our way to SA we stopped at this little place called “The Country Store”.  We were both starving and this place had 5 stars on Yelp.  As it turns out, The Country Store was A-mazing!  It’s owned by the Amish and they make everything fresh right there in the store.  I totally enjoyed browsing through their isles of canned foods, packaged candy, and spices.

They have a deli in the back of the store that serves specialty meats and cheeses so Jordan and I ordered sandwiches!
These are a few pictures of some treats the store had: Apple Fried Pie, Moon Pie, and FROG Jam (I’d never heard of that before but makes sense – figs, raspberries, orange, and ginger).
Bottom Right: This is the huge sandwich the deli shop made!  Next time, we should split one.  It was tasty!

These are just a few pictures from the day we arrived in SA. 
Top Left: We drove past a construction zone and both Jordan and I thought it was totally cool that the American flag was hung from a crane.  God Bless ‘Merica!

All Others: Jordan’s mom treated us to a lovely dinner at a local Mexican restaurant.  Between the 3 adults, we were able to keep both kids entertained.  We listened to the mariachi band and I taught the kids (and Jordan) how to play Up Jenkins!  We played this all the time as kids but maybe it wasn’t as popular in other circles.  At any rate, it’s a GREAT game to keep kids entertained before dinner.  You can find the easy instructions HERE.

Thanksgiving day was a treat!  My sister-in-law, Tiffani, cooked a delicious meal and even organized a visit with the local Air Force base.  This is the 2nd year they’ve hosted people from the military and I think it is an awesome program.  We had the pleasure of meeting two great ladies and learned so much about life in the military.  Thank you to all our troops who gave up time with family to protect us over the holidays!

The weather was beautiful so Jordan and the kids did lots of running and playing outside.  I thought the kids would wear Jordan out but he took it in stride!

More random pictures from Thanksgiving day!

The last treat of the day was the game, PieFace!  The kids seemed to enjoy the risk factor and sugar.  These are a few of my favorite pictures during the game!




At this time of year, it's so great to have family time and traditions.  My Grandpa recently shared a picture of his kids (my Dad and siblings) and I had to share with you all!  Dad is on the right looking snazzy in a tie!  Love you all!
BARBARA, VIRGINIA, SUSAN, DAVID, RICHARD - 11/24/1965  

I hope you all are enjoying the holiday season!  I leave you with these awesome pictures of the Dallas skyline taken last week by some photographer friends of mine.

Dallas - November 2015

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese it Up

July 4th with Family

Doodles and Drawings