Bake Off to Support Austim Speaks

I've been meaning to share this post for a while but kept forgetting!  Last month (April) was Autism Awareness month and my friends at work are enthusiastic about helping the Autism Speaks charity.  Honestly, I was surprised to learn about the staggering statistics about autism! You might have noticed a lot of publicity to "Light it up Blue" and lots of puzzle piece symbols.  All that is about Autism and you can read more about it HERE!

To support the awareness of autism, my friends and I at work hosted a Blue Ribbon Bake Off!  The blue theme tied in very well with beautiful blue ribbons!  Overall, it ended up looking like the Texas Fair!  I loved it!  Here are a few quick pictures!

These are a few pictures of the decor and all the desserts!  We invited people throughout the company to support by baking a dessert and/or coming to taste!  We ended up with 25 entries!

To cut the sugar rush, we had lemon water and popcorn.  I'm a sucker for popcorn so it was difficult to work with the yummy smell!
Bottom Left: Aren't these ribbons adorable!  We had 5 categories (cakes, cookies, etc.) and 1 GRAND champion!

These are the top winners in each category and cheesecake took home the grand prize!  Honestly, that cheesecake was decadent!   We had more than 50 people come taste each of the 25 desserts and raised more than $500 for Autism research and support!

That Friday went by in a whirlwind and before I knew it, the day was over and we were cleaning up the bake off.  After work Jordan and I dashed off to Scott and Elizabeth's house to spend the weekend.
Unfortunately, I did not get very many pictures of our weekend with family.  It was a relaxing weekend and a great visit! The dogs proved to be very entertaining.
Top Left: This is Abby and Lucy on a walk!  They both did pretty well walking side by side!
Top Right: Silly me....I thought it would be cute to get a picture with both Abby and Lucy but it was a bust.  I just got tangled up and they were distracted.  Squirrel!
Bottom: We met up with Mom and Dad for dinner and decided to leave all three dogs, Abby, Sophie, and Lucy in the kitchen.  Abby and Lucy seemed happy enough, but Sophie wouldn't look at the camera!  Sophie just seemed hyper focused on getting through the gate!  I swear that dog is such a country pup!

And lastly, I had to share these funny pics of Abby and Lucy.  Abby was sorta tolerant, but generally seemed annoyed with "the puppy".  Lucy is at a great age, sniffing and learning!  And Lucy can jump HIGH!
Left: Abby - finally accepting that she is on Lucy's turf.
Right: Lucy sprung up to sit on the bar height chair!  She has such a sweet disposition!  It's kind of hilarious watching her discover her long legs sliding on the wood floors!

Well, that's it for today!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese it Up

July 4th with Family

Doodles and Drawings