The Scrapbook Saga

I can't believe we are half way through the week!  Already I've found it to be a challenge to post but I've also learned that when I find the time, I enjoy it a lot. Somehow when I sit down to write this blog, thoughts flow out of me even when I have no idea what I'm going to write about.

Last weekend seemed to fly by.  I had a half day off work on Friday so I decided to sit down and work on our wedding scrapbook.  Mostly I needed to take a break from the hecticness at work so I traded that for some productivity at home.  The scrapbook I've been working on has been on my todo list for about 3 years now and though I've tried to diligently work on it, the massive project has taken me a long time to finish.  With all that in mind, I sat down at a table in our messy living room (where said scrapbook has resided the last month) and proceeded to chug.  And then chug some more.  And paste, cut, type, arrange, etc. etc.

Here is a quick picture of the table that has sat in our living room for quite some time.  Our living room is pretty small but a 6 foot table makes it feel even smaller.  The advantage to having it in the living room is multi tasking (I can hear the dryer, listen to music, and keep company if Jordan is home).

Saturday flew by in a whirlwind of chores.  Jordan mowed the lawn while I weeded and caught up on several chores around the house.  One of my tasks last weekend was to transplant some small bushes that seem to be the most hardy little plants ever!  Here is a picture of their new home.  Let's hope they survive!  Already they look a little wilted.


Saturday evening we had our friends, Charlotte and Steve, over to the house.  They are great company so the evening passed in a flash of conversation, good food, and funny stories.

Sunday was the day folks.  I woke up with a new found ambition that today was the day I was going to finish the scrapbook once and for all!  I geared up with my comfy clothes, turned on some tunes, got a little caffeine and started finishing what I'd worked on Friday afternoon.  By 8pm I felt so close to finishing I could taste it.  Jordan gave me a few adult beverages as I worked and by 11pm I'm proud to say I finished our wedding scrapbook!  I was a little tipsy (seriously, he kept bringing me drinks) and high on the feeling of accomplishment, but it was done!  Not only was it done, but it turned out beautiful! 

Here are a few pictures of the finished product.





One more thing to share before I sign off - A few days ago I got a special book in the mail.  This book is special because the author is my Grandpa!  I think it's very cool that Grandpa has written a book.  He even included paintings of his own work into the illustrations.  Here is a link where you can buy it on Amazon.  Not a bad price and Grandpa shares great stories and details of his life growing up in west NY.

http://www.amazon.com/Time-Live-Country-Throughout-Century/dp/1490398864/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1374803123&sr=8-1&keywords=a+time+to+live+porter
Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese it Up

July 4th with Family

Doodles and Drawings