Arsenals of all Sorts

Morning everyone!  It's Saturday and I can feel Christmas in the air!  Our Christmas shopping is finally done and I'm looking forward to a break from work!  Now, if only Jordan and I could get over our Winter colds...  Unfortunately, the last two weeks we've both been sick.  Jordan bounced back faster than I have, but we've both had mild temperatures, incessant coughing, wheezing, and swollen throats.   I think we are on the upswing though!

Some pics of our comfort food and medical arsenal:
Top Right and Left: I thought some warm comfort food might be good for Jordan and I so I took my first attempt at making a homemade chicken pot pie.  I must say, it turned out great!  It took longer to make than I expected (I made an extra to freeze) but I think it will go faster next time.  For speed, next time I'm going to try to cook the chicken in advance.
Bottom Left: We've gone through a lot of tea in our house lately.  The warmth feels soothing to our throats.  Our favorite flavors are sleepy time tea, apple cinnamon, and English breakfast.  But I think the hidden gem is the sea salt caramel flavor.  YUM!  I'm guilty of enjoying a warm cup of sea salt caramel tea with actual sea salt caramels! Perfect for watching White Christmas.
Bottom Right: Of course we've both visited the doctor to get over our colds, but one must not underestimate the power of alka-seltzer.  This was my arsenal of over the counter meds to help Jordan and I.  I have a love/hate relationship with the chloraseptic spray.  It's TERRIBLE tasting but it really does calm my cough, which is a good thing while having conference calls at work (whispering).

Before we got sick, I had some great pics from our last weekend at the lake that I wanted to share!
Top Left: Abby just KNOWS when we are heading to the lake.  She gets very excited when we pack up her stuff and put her collar on.  She is usually antsy (scared she'll be forgotten) until she's safely tucked in the car.  This is her hanging out the window on the way to the lake!  Gotta lover those eyelashes!
Others: Jordan and Scott had a great time doing a little shooting.  Target practice is a legit activity at the lake and they both enjoy competing in accuracy.  I always imagine a lot of man grunting when I see these pics.  It's good to practice gun safety

This is a slow motion video that Scott and Jordan made.  Pretty cool.

On to a different sort of man grunting... Dad got a new fishing boat!! Out of the blue my mom texted me a picture of Dad standing next to a fishing boat in some store.  At first I thought it was a joke but it turns out it's REAL!  The new boat has already been a very exciting purchase!  Of course, the primary use is fishing, but the boat is outfitted for a spur of the moment joy ride or swim if needed.  I think this Spring and Summer will be a blast!

Shamefully, I don't know much about the bells and whistles to point out to you (Dad and Scott are the experts).  The highlights: the seats fold up and down, there are all kinds of storage places for fishing poles, and there are several places to put fish once caught!
Bottom Left: Dad and Scott already found something to tinker with.

It was nice and cozy hanging out under the pavilion at the lake. 
Top Left: Warm fire!
Bottom Left: Our Christmas angel atop the tree!
Right: This year Mom and Dad got a brand new tree!  It's awesome!  I love that trees have so many features these days.  This tree has a feature to change the lights from multicolored to all white.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese it Up

July 4th with Family

Doodles and Drawings