Cursed Child under New Roof

I've got a hodge-podge post for you today.  For those of you that are Harry Potter fans, you know that the new book was just released on July 31st (Harry's birthday)!  We bought the book that weekend but I wanted to wait to write this post until we finished the book.  

Here are a few pictures of purchase of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child.
We snapped these pictures at Barnes and Noble but I'm sure you can find the book cheaper on Amazon ($17.98).  Yes, I'm aware that we are nerds wearing our HP t-shirts.  

Barnes and Noble had a great set up and hosted all kinds of HP games and activities for midnight fans.  We saw all the swag but skipped the crowd by showing up the following morning.  Since the book is in script form, some locations pulled together amateur actors to do a midnight screen play sight-unseen!

About the book (don't worry, there are no spoilers here)... I thought it was GREAT!  I found it really tough to read in script form and missed the detail that is usually found in Rowling's books.  Despite that, the characters seemed to be very true to the series and I thought it was interesting to learn about the new generations!  I recommend this book only to those that have read the full series.  I think it would be a bit confusing if you don't have the back story.  One perk to it being in script form is that it's a really short read.  I think it took me around 3-4 hours tops.  I'm looking forward to the movie, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them which will be in theaters this November!

Jordan and I have had some house projects lately.  We are still making repairs from the hail storm last April and finally got our new roof!  It was a bit tricky to schedule the roof installation in between rain storms but our contractor got it done in one day!
These are pretty typical roof pictures but it was interesting to see the process.  Abby was totally freaked out the whole time and stayed right next to me!

More roof pictures!  This is the black felt that goes under the shingles and you can see the ridge vent system taking shape!

Like I said, Abby hated the noise and was nervous the whole day.
Top Right: I think my favorite part about the new roof is the new chimney cap!  I think it looks very nice compared to the dinky pipe we used to have up there! 

The following weekend we decided to take a break and hit up the pool in our neighborhood.  The weather was a bit over-cast so we had the whole pool to ourselves!

And lastly, I'll leave you with a picture of our fierce Abby.  She just loves playing with Jordan in the evenings and she runs all over the house collecting her toys!  As usual, she is obsessed with bunnies in our neighborhood!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese it Up

July 4th with Family

Doodles and Drawings