Garage Jig

Hi everyone!  Happy Autumn!!!  I'm trying to keep up with posts and I want to share a few pictures from my parent's garage sale a few weekends ago.  Mom and Dad have been cleaning out all sorts of stuff which has inspired Jordan and I to also clean out some of our stuff (cough cough...office, cough).  The collective contributions resulted in a pretty massive garage sale.  Mom and Dad worked really hard to put it together and Jordan and I showed up the night before so we could be an extra pair of eyes.  Pretty much Mom and Dad did all the work and we were moral support.  All in all, the sale turned out pretty well!  We sold a lot of stuff despite sparse foot traffic.

Top Right and Left: These are just a few pictures of the whole scene.  The weather was hot but not unbearable.  Mom and Dad had lots of furniture, glassware, tools, antiques, and even a boat for sale!  I pretty much took a box of Mom's stuff and she took a box of my stuff in an even trade.  You never know what items will be another persons treasure!
Bottom Left: Jordan and I brought our armoire to sell in the garage sale and I had to take one last picture of it.  This armoire is nothing special, but served us well when we first got married.  Thank you Aunt Cindy!
Bottom Right: Selfie time!
I discovered that Jordan is sort of a natural at garage sales.  He was totally in his element negotiating, sales pitching, and helping old ladies carry stuff to their car.  I was in charge of the cash box which was right up my alley.  We both had a good time.

We had a couple of good laughs with Mom and Dad and a great visit in between busy spells.  The dogs loved every minute of the garage sale since we let them stay in the garage with us.  They were our little canine mascots! (Except for Sophie's grouchy nature...she almost scared away customers)
Left: Abby's typical watchdog stance.  
Right: Abby and Sophie smiles!  They weren't thrilled about being tied up but it was for their own good.
Bottom Left: This little guy was just some random marketing swag from my work.  I'd tossed it in the garage sale thinking little of it.  Well...half way through the day, Dad found this robot in the boxes of stuff and got such a hardy laugh out of the robotic dance!  When you wind it up, it does a little jig and reminded Dad so much of how my brother, Andy, dances!  It's actually, quite uncanny.  Don't worry Andy, our laughter is out of love!  You were there in spirit with us!

After we got home from the garage sale, we did some random chores and stuff around the house.  With the change in season, I always get inspired by colorful flowers.  We found some good plants to put on our back porch this year!
Top Left: Regular ole' potato vine with white/purple flowers.
Top Right: Oh, I forget what kind of flower this is but I snagged this planter out of the garage sale (thanks Mom) and couldn't resist putting it to good use!  These flowers look like little purple caterpillars!
Bottom Right: Fall mums.  These plants have a proven history that they can survive under my care so I go back to them year after year.
Bottom Left: The garage sale totally wore out Abby.  

These are other random pics from a few weeks ago.  Jordan had surprised me with some pretty flowers and I spread the love by putting a small stem in our bedroom.  Was a lovely surprise for sure!
Bottom Right: Jenn stopped by for a quick visit!  We hadn't seen her in a long while so it was great to catch up!

Lastly, I wanted to share a recent project with you all.  When we last went to NY we got some smooth rocks during a visit to my family's homestead.  Anyhoo... I finally got around to painting them.
I went with a "family" theme.  Since these rocks remind me of Lake Ontario, family, cousins, and caramel corn, I decided to embrace that theme!  The top rock is my version of our "branch" of our family tree and the bottom rock is the word "family".  I discovered that it is really difficult to paint cursive.  Ouch.
When I was finished, I sealed both rocks with a varnish (top left) to protect the paint.

That's all I've got for ya'll today!  Hope everyone is having a fantastic week! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese it Up

July 4th with Family

Doodles and Drawings