Office Space la Rue

We've been working on our office a lot lately.  In a previous post, you might remember that Jordan and I bought a used treadmill and weight bench.  Well...we've been trying to put our home office back together ever since that purchase.  The two large cabinets were difficult to get into our office, but we managed to get them in place with minimal dinks to the drywall.  While we were overhauling the area, we decided to get rid of the desk that we had.  It's a beautiful, real wood, desk with lots of drawer space, but it just didn't fit Jordan comfortably and it was quite dated.  Jordan has long legs so he could barely fit them under the desk!

After searching for a new desk, we decided to buy a metal (manly) piece.  I'm, not sure if this piece is even meant to be a desk but it fits Jordan very well.  We've spent a considerable amount of time organizing and weeding out all the junk that a home-office tends to collect.

Top Left: This is half the view of the home office.  I've got a long way to go decorating wise but the desk fits Jordan and I have space to keep my horizontal filing cabinet too!  We lost a lot of storage when we traded a desk with drawers for a desk without drawers so I bought several baskets to put on this shelf for office supplies and things that we use regularly.  (My master plan is to paint this shelf).
Bottom Left: This is a close up of the desk.  I can only describe this as rustic mustard color!  It's just heavy manly metal and welded in a desk shape.  I'm really torn on this mustard color.  It's not (at all) a color I would have chosen so this might be painted someday.  Ever since we purchase this desk though, mustard keeps showing up all over Pinterest so we shall see.
Right: This is the other half of the office.  These cabinets take up a great amount of space but they are fairly narrow and hide away lots of stuff.  The hardware is not my style but that's easily fixed.

Now that the office is put back together, it is much more functional!  We actually spend a good amount of time in that room either working, walking, or visiting.

Next up...I have to share some Fall purchases with you guys!  I'm a big fan of the Fall candle collection at Bath and Body Works so I have to share some of my favorite finds with you all!
Top Left: These large candles are the two best Fall scents!  Sweater Weather and Autumn.  I also decided to try their body lotion that was on sale, Secret Wonderland and Mahogany Teak-wood. 
Top Right: I think they were rotating stock because I found a few other wonderful scents in the small candle size: Eucalyptus Mint, Mahogany Teak-wood, and Leaves.  Eucalyptus is a scent that I thought I'd hate but actually it smells fantastic.  
Bottom Left: If you're already a fan of BBW, this is a heads up that they changed the color of Sweater Weather to yellow (used to be dark grey).  It's not a huge deal but, as I said, that mustard color keeps showing up everywhere I look.

Last up, I want to share some finds from my favorite boutique, Kiki la Rue.  This store is fantastic and seems to have some great stuff.  They just opened a location in Roanoak and after MUCH convincing, Jordan and I took a small road trip to see the store front!  He is such a trooper.
Top Left: While we were there, KLR had a select number of boots that they hadn't even posted to their website!  I was one of the very FIRST people to buy these adorable charcoal booties with fringe.  All I need now is cooler weather.
Top Right: I found this cute tote that is reversible, goal and silver.  It will match lots of things this fall and I'm a sucker for a large purse.   The bigger the purse, the more I can carry!
Bottom Left: I just love this little Texas ring!  Do other states have stuff like this?  Surely they do, but I love the Texas pride!
Bottom Middle and Right: I did not leave out the Summer season, there was a BOGO sandal sale and I found these little beauties!

If you live near Roanoak, I highly recommend stopping by to visit the Kiki La Rue boutique!  If you don't live in the DFW area, fear not.  KLR has a fantastic website and flash sales if you subscribe to their texts! I really try to use coupons wherever I can!

That's all folks!  I hope everyone is having a wonderful week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese it Up

July 4th with Family

Doodles and Drawings