Chop and Split

Hi Ya'll!  It's the NIGHT before Thanksgiving!  YAY!  I hope you all are in route or already arrived to visit family and enjoy delicious food!  Jordan and I have so many blessings to be thankful for.  I'm so grateful to have such a loving family, our health, a happy home, little miss Abigail, and the numerous other blessings in our lives!

I'm going to try to make this one a quick post because I've got cooking to do folks!  Lots to do before tomorrow (at least I remembered to defrost our turkey - thanks Mom!).

I have a quick recap from this past weekend.  It's been a short week but it feels like these pictures are from a while ago!

At the lake we finally got so much needed rain.  It wont make a dent in the lake level but it was beautiful to watch and hear.  I didn't even mind having super frizzy hair! LOL!

You'll remember a recent post were we chopped down a tree at the lake (there are multiple tree chopping posts, it's not really relevant).  Anyway, this past weekend the boys decide to chop up the wood into smaller sizes to use on the fire this winter.  Jordan caught some great photos!
Top Left: Scott - I am so glad he is back in Texas.  I miss both my brothers all the time but the lake just felt strange without Scott there.
Top Right: John and Scott trying to one up each other with the log splitting.
Bottom Left: Action shot of Scott choppin' a piece of the trunk.
Bottom Right: Dad and Scott 

These are just more action shots of John and Scott.  Sheesh those boys are strong.

We got a kick out of watching them take turns with some lighthearted strength competition.  Jordan captured several ax swings on video using his slow-motion feature.  I've include the video for you below.  

I'm really loving these videos Jordan has been making!  Especially the Victory Bell music in the background.

Since the weather was not conducive for a lot of activity, we mostly hung around the pavilion all day getting ready for Christmas.  Mom put us all to work and in no time the pavilion started to feel really festive!
Top Left: Jordan got the job to assemble the Christmas tree.  It's a tough job but he didn't seem to mind!  The tree under the pavilion is so beautiful to see when we drive up to the pavilion.  Totally worth it!
Top Right: Mom working on more decorations!
Bottom Left: Dad hanging the mistletoe.  Dad was a good sport too while we were decorating!  He always lets Mom and I change our minds about where things should go.
Right Middle: Mom and I fluffed a bunnnnch of bows for the Christmas tree.  Ornaments just aren't practical outdoors and the bows looked very elegant.
Bottom Right: I'm not sure if I've ever talked about this on the blog but Dad made a privacy screen/wind blocker for us to use at the pavilion.  This thing is HUGE but after the boys positioned it under the pavilion, it really helped to keep the temperature comfortable!

Top Left: The finished Christmas tree!
Top Middle: Later in the day we went to Aunt Cindy's house and I snagged this picture of John working on her tree.  Not bad John.
Top Right: Buddy in his Santa outfit!
Bottom Left and Right: Me, Mom, and Remi

We had some incredible dishes for dinner at Aunt Cindy's house but I got this picture of the yummy ham.  Later that same evening, our little lake boy, Andy, LOOKED like a little ham (Top and Bottom Left).
On the Right John and Andy are playing with the train-set around the Christmas tree.  At one point, there were several men boys around the tree playing with this train.

Lastly, I have just random pictures to share with ya'll.
Top Left: Abby and I on our way home from the lake.  The weather was so beautiful, we just let her hang her head out.
Middle Left: Sunday afternoon after the lake, Jordan and I met up with our friends, Jenn and Jonathon (feeling left out since my name doesn't start with a "J").  Anyway, the 4 of us went to see Mockingjay Part 1.  I've read the book series but this movie had very mixed reviews.  As it turns out, Mockingjay Part 1 was a great movie!  I wont give away any spoilers, but I loved the soundtrack and thought they did a good job re-introducing the characters.  After the movie, we all went to Russo's, an Italian place.  It was great to catch up with them over a good meal!
Top Right: Tuesday night we got to see Jordan's brother, Kevan, and our niece, Mady.  She is growing like a weed!  Her and I had lots of fun coloring together and watching Tinkerbell (her movie pick).  I didn't even know there was a movie solely about Tinkerbell!  When did that happen?
Bottom Left: A few months ago we bought this faux fur blanket at Sams.  Abby and I both LOVE it!
Bottom Middle and Right: Today I've been cooking various things that are easy to make in advance.  On my list was a pecan pie.  These are the before and after shots of my pie.  I really hope it tastes good tomorrow!

Well, I've got to run!  Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese it Up

July 4th with Family

Doodles and Drawings