Screech in the Night

Morning friends!  Ugh.... I can't get back to sleep so I thought I might as well use the time to say hello.  Early early this morning, Abby woke us up screeching and crying in her super high pitched voice.  Jordan and I were jarred awake and sleepily tried to assess the situation.  Where the heck was this noise coming from?

You know how I'm always talking about Abby's wild hair?  Well, this morning that wild hair finally caught up with her and I (more her, than I).  This morning Abby was itching her face/ear with her back paw, you know, like a pup would normally do, except this time, she got stuck.  Yup, she got the toenail of her back paw stuck in the fur on her face (do dogs have cheeks?).  The harder she pulled to free herself, the harder it hurt! (thus the ear-piercing screech)  It's amazing actually that this hasn't happen very often.

At any rate, once Jordan and I finally realized what was happening, we were able to calm her down so that she didn't pull harder.  With scissors, I was able to cut her paw free from her face.  Disclaimer: be careful using scissors in the dark, barely awake, on a wiggling doggie.

Message received Abby.  We'll get you a hair cut ASAP.

Because of the obvious alarming moment this morning, I don't have any pictures to share with you from the situation.  I wont leave you hanging though; I want to share this shot of Abby and I in the car on our way to the lake.  Ignore the rain and grime on the window.


Hope everyone got a restful nights sleep!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese it Up

July 4th with Family

Doodles and Drawings