WinERy Trips

For months and months a friend of ours has invited us to see him perform at a small winery in Rockwall.  Our friend, Sandy, is a singer in the area who's passion is music with soul!  He has a band called the Sandy Bates The Soulful Experience and he also happens to a lot like Jeff Goldblum.  We almost always have plans, but this time we decided it would be a great spur of the moment date and a chance to try something new!

I was a little skeptical because I really can't stand to be in a smokey, packed bar listening to annoying music but KE Cellars turned out to be a really awesome find (and smoke-free)!  This little place is in an old house so you can choose to sit near the band, or in another room, where the music is still enjoyable but not quite so loud so you can visit with friends.  The service was great, wine was delicious and Sandy's band really was fantastic!  They played a lot of Elvis, George Jones, Ray Charles and songs from The Temptations. Jordan ordered a beer and I found a delightful bottle of red wine to enjoy!

Top Left: Sandy and his band performing.
Top Right: Red wine made by KE Vineyards.  Very good choice!
Bottom Left: Ever the cork collector!
Bottom Right: The back story behind the Texas red wine I tried. 

KE Cellars is a cute place that has a lot of unique things.  I did a little exploring and took some pictures for ya'll. 

Top Right and Left: Chandelier made out of tall blue wine bottles.  Pretty cool and seems like it would be fun to have in a special room somewhere.
Bottom Left: Some wine selections to choose from.
Bottom Right: Hilarious Texas wine called "Super Texican"


Here are a couple of videos of Sandy and the band.  They sound awesome!

Blue Suede Shoes

Mustang Sally

Top Left: Jordan got to wear his new shoes!  They look great and match everything but Jordan's huge feet remind me a little of Sideshow Bob
Bottom Right: Wood grain bass guitar.  Sounded great!

We decided to leave KE Cellar a little early.  We didn't want to be out too late, but we weren't quite ready to go home.  As a surprise, Jordan took me to get ice cream at Cold Stone in Rockwall where we got my favorite flavor, birthday cake remix.  It sounds like a little kids' ice cream but it tastes very much like yellow cake.  

And with ice cream in hand, we decided to take a little walk around the area of Rockwall Harbor District together.  We've never really been to that area, but there are all kinds of shops, fountains, and beautiful architecture to look at and explore.  Our romantic walk didn't last long though.  Barely 10 minutes into our stroll I took a step down some stairs a little too quickly and rolled my ankle.  Jordan caught me but my ankle really hurt.  

I took a moment to sit and asses the damage but it just felt really sore inside my boot so we decide to call it a night and head home.  Jordan helped me hobble gave me a piggy back ride to the car and we headed home.  I started to get ready for bed and as I took off my boots (gently) I saw the golf ball size swelling on my ankle.  That's pretty much when I started to freak out.  There's something about seeing the damage that makes it hurt worse.  I truly hate spending money on ER trips (thrifty to the core) but we decided we'd better go to make sure nothing was broken.

At this point, our romantic evening, with plans to get home early, turned into a very non-romantic trip to the ER where we didn't get home till 1:30 AM.  X-rays reveal that nothing is broken but it sure does hurt like a son-of-a-gun!

Top: Wouldn't you freak out if you saw this after taking off your boots?  That's when I really started to fall apart.
Bottom Left: Don't mind the pink sequins slippers. 
Bottom Right: Cold Stone.  Shoulda just stayed there to eat our ice cream.  Woulda coulda shoulda.

I haven't the slightest clue how to read x-rays, but I thought I'd share them below.  Again, I had no fractures or breaks but the doctor said it was a "really bad sprain".  Jordan and I got a good laugh out of the fact that the name of our doctor was "Dr. Goodman".  (For any fans of Breaking Bad, you'd "better call Saul! Saul Goodman!")

Be careful out there everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese it Up

July 4th with Family

Doodles and Drawings