Weekend with Mom and Dad

Hi everyone!  Is it Spring yet?  You'd think it was the month of April by how warm the weather has been in the Dallas area.  As I write this it is 76 degrees outside!  I have a few updates from our activities the last few weeks.  We had a wonderful weekend hosting my parents at our house and did a little light shopping while they were in the area.

It had been a while since we'd had Mom and Dad over so it was great to show them our little projects in person.  We also decided to go to two HUGE furniture stores to find a new dresser for the lake house.  We stopped at Ikea and then Nebraska Furniture Mart, both first time visits for M&D!

Ikea was interesting...  I hadn't been there in years and forgot how everything worked.  They have some nice stuff if you're looking to outfit a home fast and economically.  I found a few things I needed, but Mom and I both felt a little rushed as if we were being pushed by the crowd.  It was after all, a busy Saturday in Dallas.  I think Mom described it as "being pushed through a cookie press!"  LOL!  I love her depiction!

After Ikea, we decided to show M&D, Nebraska Furniture Mart.  We recently bought our new living room rug at NFM and visited this store with Scott and Elizabeth a little over a year ago.  I just love NFM!  They have a huge selection of designs but also a great range in prices (super quality in the front fading into lower quality/economical prices towards the back).  We lost Dad in the grills a few times and Mom and I ogled the furniture arrangements.

This is the 4 of us in front of the store.  Yes, Mom and I have the same shoes!  We both love the mint color and slip on style!  Found them at DSW or you can find them HERE (sorry, mint was a limited color)

There are many impressive displays in NFM but one of my favorites is the wall of kitchen-aid mixers!  This wall of color is always alluring to me!
Mom and me in front of the colorful mixers!

After the big furniture stores, we took M&D to the Shops at Legacy.  We had very cooperative weather that day so it was enjoyable to browse by the shops.  We stopped in at Kendra Scott so that Mom could see the jewelry shop in person.
I decided not to buy anything during this particular visit but had my eye on the above dainty earrings.   See Jordan, I can exercise restraint (sometimes)! 

Later in the month, I realized that Kendra Scott's Spring collection came out on 1/25.  This was very opportune for me because Jordan's birthday happens to be in the month of January.  KS offers a 50% discount on any 1 item if it's your birthday month (30% on her diamond collection).
I opted for these beautiful earrings in rose gold.  They are "Maisey Statement Earrings in Gold Dusted Glass".  You can find them online HERE.  I've never really worn rose gold but it really seems to be making a come back.

Last weekend we had a quiet but productive weekend.  We've been cleaning out our house in preparation for a garage sale soon.  More to come on that topic.  After a long day of organizing and purging junk, we decided to have a margarita together.
Also pictured above is our token photo of Abby.  She just got a short haircut and clearly seems disinterested in the camera!

I hope the new year is kicking off well for everyone!  That's all for today!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese it Up

July 4th with Family

Doodles and Drawings