Party Rocker Christmas

Hi Everyone!  It has been a full month since my last post and I honestly don't know if it was intentional or not.  We had an amazing Christmas break and rolled into the new year smoothly.  I suspect that I shy away from writing new postswhen its dark and cold outside.  

At any rate, I have Christmas and New Year pictures to share!  We spent our Christmas break with my family this year and I really enjoyed staying in the metroplex area.  I'm so grateful that we have a large extended family but it's tough to travel for every holiday.  I was thrilled to get a break from work so the pictures started en route!
Our car was loaded down!  In the top left picture you can see all our jazz loaded up.  The only person who packs light in our family is Jordan.  Abby and I both come with lots of gear.  Bottom Right - Despite the shorter travel, Abby was so over being in the car after an hour.

Christmas Day was magical.  Family, friends, and fantastic food feeds the soul!
Top Left: Our version of a "light" lunch.
All Others: Dad got a "Party Rocker" speaker for Christmas and dancing ensued!  This is a cool gadget actually.  It plays music via an app on you phone, has a karaoke microphone, and a disco ball multi-colored light show.  The best part is that the speaker is smart enough to change the color of the lights and flash them in sync with the music.  I mean, where was this awesome party rocker when I was in college!?!

Despite my best efforts, I woke up a little early Christmas morning.  It worked out though because I LOVE sipping coffee in bed at the lake.  It's so quiet compared to the city.
Dad gave mom an new horn in the Jitney for Christmas.  That sentence sounds so strange, but I promise the horn was an exciting gift.  Dad selected a two-tone horn and installed it!  Mom was beaming (top left photo)!  
Top Right: As if the gifts weren't enough, Mom made the family this beautiful roast.  22 lbs worth of roast that is!  Basically, it was the size of Abby.

Later in the day, Scott and Elizabeth arrived and we opened gifts as a family.  I think this was one of the first times I've opened gifts while wearing normal clothes and not PJs!
Top: Elizabeth, Scott, Jordan, and I
Bottom Left: Dad also got mom a beautiful mother's ring!  Sorry, I don't have a close up picture for you but it's gorgeous and suits her style!
Bottom Middle and Right: I think Abs was overwhelmed with all the activity.

The boys also got some exciting gifts!
Above Scott is opening his Commercial Cabinet to put in his shop.  He was so excited to put it in his new garage!  Jordan got a Skil saw too!  I must admit, I'm excited about all the things Jordan can make with this saw.   

Christmas Dinner was nothing short of spectacular.
These are just a few shots of the food and our giant roast.  You'd think that size would be way too much food but we had very little meat left.
Bottom Right: All the boys (Dad, Scott, Jordan, and Andy) got a drone for Christmas.  This picture makes me laugh because it's only natural that a drone would inevitably get stuck in a tree.  Later in the week I'm pretty sure one of the drones became a lake casualty diving into the water.  Womp, womp.

These are just a few other random photos:
Top Left: Scott enjoyed target practice with his new gun.  Sorry, I have no idea what make or model it is.  Do guns even have a "make" and "model" like cars?  
Top Right/Bottom Left: We spent a good amount of time Christmas Day watching old home videos.  At first I was a little concerned that the videos would bore us to tears but it was actually super cool to look back and see our family decades ago!  These are pictures of Andy and Scott on a camping trip.  Even at those young ages you could see our personalities developing.  
Bottom Right: Jordan got an electric tooth brush for Christmas.  I couldn't imagine what would possibly be excited about an electric tooth brush but he seems to LOVE it!  

That just about wraps up our Christmas break!  When I was putting together the pictures for this post I realized that I had a ton of pictures on this fur blanket that I bought last year.  She loves sleeping on this fur and I loved watching her sleep!
Top Middle: I was trying to get work done but she was not tolerating that!
Bottom Right: This is my favorite.  It's as if she collapsed belly up.  You'd think her life is really stressful or something...lol.

That's all for tonight!  Happy Groundhog Day to everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese it Up

July 4th with Family

Doodles and Drawings