Pink Sunset

Jordan and I had a great trip to the lake last weekend.  We haven't visited the lake in several weeks so it was nice to catch up with everyone.  The weekend had no schedules, fantastic food, and plenty of cold drinks!

Top: A few family members hanging out!  L to R: Alina, Nasta, Tony, Robert, and Cindy
Bottom Left: Scott and Elizabeth enjoying the water!
Bottom Right: An unexpected theme of the weekend was COOLERS!  Mom and Scott both got Yeti coolers and Jordan and I are still enjoying our Brute cooler so I had to get a picture!  (Not pictured is our Brute; it was just too weighed down with ice and drinks to move.)  It's a constant debate but personally, I like the Brute brand better than the Yeti. I think I need this Brute - Hauler.

 
Top: This is just half of the gang floating in the water.  I much prefer floating and relaxing on the lake than floating down a river.  Everyone looks so chill and seem to be enjoying themselves!  (Sorry Elizabeth! I was too far away when I took this shot and didn't realize she was hidden!)
Bottom Left: Scott tubing.  That tube is rough on your body but he was a trooper.
Bottom Right: AJ and Cassidy on the tube catching a little air.  They came very close to wiping out after this picture.  Wipe out pictures are the best but I didn't have such luck this time.

We regularly change up the cuisine at the lake but the FOOD is always amazing!  This trip we had Italian because Mandy and Brandon made an delicious lasagna. 
The smorgasbord: salad, shrimp, relish tray, eggs, lasagna.

Saturday night the water was so calm and glassy!  Just beautiful!
Bottom Right and Left: AJ was pretty excited because he caught an alligator gar.  Yes...these things are living in the lake.  It really freaks me out to think about these creatures, but honestly we've never had any problem with them.  Thanks to AJ, there is one less monster to worry about.

I know that to most people sunset pictures are boring but I just love them!  I've managed to capture a few good sunsets the last few trips to the lake.
I love the oranges, pinks, blues, and purple hues!

The rest of the work week was pretty uneventful.  Mondays following a lake trip are always plagued with the Monday-blues.  

I managed to accomplish a few chores though.  During the week I did a little transplanting.
Top and Bottom Left: While we were in NY, Aunt Joanie gave me two Christmas cactus plants.  Mom and Dad were kind enough to bring the plants home to Texas for me, but they've had a rough couple of weeks.  Surely, I can keep a cactus alive, right?
Right: My orchid was also in need of a transplant. I nearly killed this poor fellow so I took him to Orchid-hospital (aka Mom's house) last winter and she revived him.  The transplant didn't go as smoothly as I thought it would so hopefully this little guy bounces back.  This big pot should be plenty of room for him now.

Sunday on our way home from the lake I made a casual comment to Jordan about how it would be nice to have a treadmill that would easily slide under our bed.  We both could us a little more exercise in our life.  Well, Monday, he turned my casual comment into action and found this unit on Craigslist.  The treadmill doesn't slide under the bed, but it does store easily in a cabinet. 

The seller actually had two large cabinets.  They each look like conference room pieces but one houses a treadmill and the other stores a weight bench. Both units are set up with electrical and coax outlets inside the cabinets so you can plug in a TV, fan, or whatever you need.  These must have been serious pieces of furniture at one point.  I hope Jordan and I can put them to good use.  My next chore will be putting this room back together.  It was an ordeal to get these tall pieces into our house.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!  Good luck to everyone out there starting a new school year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese it Up

July 4th with Family

Doodles and Drawings