Everybody Dance Now

Jordan and I had such a great break last weekend with Mom, Dad, Scott, and Elizabeth.  We'd been talking about going dancing for a few weeks (or maybe months?) and finally scheduled it for Mother's Day weekend!  We all live in different areas of the Metroplex so it takes lots of effort and time to plan these things!  The 6 of us hit up downtown Fort Worth and had a blast!

I peer pressured everyone into taking some group pictures and couple pictures.  The top photo is one of my favorites but we probably should have rearranged ourselves.  You can barely see Mom back there and this was the best shot of several.
All our guys look handsome and it was a total coincidence that Jordan and Scott wore such similar shirts.

Downtown Fort Worth has some really cool sites.  You can ride a mechanical bull, buy a cowboy hat from small vendors or eat awesome Tex-Mex at the local restaurants.  We all had a yummy dinner at a place called Habanero's!
Top: Dad was kind enough to take a group picture of everyone at the Cadillac!
Bottom Left: I LOVE all our boots!  I mean, ya gotta have good boots to do some dancing.  A quality pair of boots can make all the difference if you're on your feet all night.

Top Left: Stockyards Station right next to the Tarantula Train by the railroad.
Top Right: Mom and me
Bottom Left: Elizabeth and me
Bottom Right: Jordan and Scott in their matching shirts.

Top: Dad, Me, and Scott
Bottom Left: Beautiful ladies, Elizabeth and Mom
Bottom Right: After the Cadillac we hit up a place called Filthy McNasty's Saloon.  I don't know why this name makes me laugh so much, it's just hilarious!

Later in the week we both got crackin' at work again.  It's "busy season" for both of us but we're doing well. 
On Tuesday I was happy to get out for lunch with some coworkers to try a new restaurant.  We've lightly talked about trying different foods and different establishments every once in a while and this month we opted to try some Persian and Afghan Cuisine.
We went to a place called Kasra.  It was buffet style and the food reminded me a lot of Greek food (top left is my plate from our lunch date).  Officially, I give this place 3.5 out of 5 stars.  Meh.  It was exciting to try something new and the atmosphere was beautiful, but I felt like it was over priced and underwhelming in quality. 

Also this week, I was excited to receive my Ipsy bag!  I am a newcomer to a monthly subscription to Ipsy and this is the second month that I've received their bag of goodies.  If you're not familiar with Ipsy, it's a lot like BirchBox.  Essentially, it's a monthly subscription where you can log your complexion, beauty preferences, and "like" your favorite brands.  Ipsy in turn customizes a monthly bag of beauty goods and sends them to all of their subscribers.  There are various "bags" and "boxes" out there that you can subscribe to for $15+ a month but Ipsy manages to send all of their goodies (including shipping) for $10.00.  I'm only two months into their service so I can't give you a full evaluation of Ipsy, but so far, I like the products and I feel like it's worth the $10.00.  Plus, I get a periodical surprise sussie in the mail and that's just exciting!
Okay so what all was in the Ipsy bag this week?  Here's the list of goodies I'm looking forward to trying out:
  1. Luxie 205 Tapered Blending brush - very soft and perfect for blending eyeshadow
  2. Klorane Laboratories Smoothing and relaxing patches - I have no idea how I will like these but we'll see...
  3. Briogeo Rosarco Milk (reparative leave-in conditioning spray) - Since I have naturally curly hair, it easily gets tangled.  Even if I don't use this daily, it's the perfect size for the boat this Summer.
  4. Glamglow "Mud to Foam" Hydrating Cleanser - I used this last night and love it.  I'm normally a low maintenance person when it comes to washing my face and I most often prefer to use make up remover wipes.  This stuff smells nice and made my skin feel soft.
  5. Pixi by Petra Beauty Bronzer "Summertime" - I used this bronzer as a blush this morning and I think it's great! At first I thought it might be too dark for me (let's face it, I don't have a Jennifer Lopez complexion) but the color looked pretty good!
  6. Lastly, the bag!  Maybe I'm a squirrel for small bags that can be used to store all kinds of things, but I loved this simple zipper bag a lot!


Well, that's all I've got for ya'll today!  Happy belated Mother's Day to all the Momma's out there!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese it Up

July 4th with Family

Doodles and Drawings