China Chip

Hi everyone!  I don't have much time this morning, but I want to share a few pictures from last weekend.  The weather was gorgeous in the Dallas area, unlike today.  We've had several threatening storms that past few weekends.  It's pretty scary sometimes, but hopefully the lakes start to fill up.

We started our weekend off by doing a little garage sale hopping in the area.  My favorite kind of sales are community wide.  Usually there are lots of good finds and it's like hitting 10 garage sales at once.  We did find a community sale, but unfortunately we didn't get any loot at that particular sale.  Maybe I'm too much of a diva but I just didn't feel like digging through the stuff at this sale.  Last weekend, our luck came instead, from the smaller household garage sales.
Top: Community wide garage sale at a nearby school.  Music and carnival food included!
Bottom Left and Middle: We spent basically the whole day driving down narrow and sometimes scary alley ways.  With all the storms we've had, some homes still had remnants of damage.  This tree clobbered a white van.  Eek!
Bottom Right:  Jordan really loved this over-sized wheelbarrow.  It's difficult to see the scale in this picture but trust me, it's big.  Truly we have zero need for such a monster wheelbarrow but the only thing that deterred Jordan was that it had a hole in the bottom.  Whew!  I narrowly dodged that "man purchase"!

We later hit a small garage sale were we had a lot of luck! While Jordan was haggling over an item I wandered over to look at some dishes.  I found this cute tea set that was made in China!  The origin was a bonus because I mostly loved the turquoise color.  After bonding with the garage sale lady (who also has "dish-itis") she sold me the tea service for $25.00.  Not too shabby!

Isn't this a cute set?!  It is a service for 6 people and the turquoise/aqua is really in right now.  After researching on the internet, I was able to find out that this is "Zhongguo (China) Jingdezhen Longevity Rose Medalion" china and it's made sometime after 1980.  Thanks to my Aunt Jill, I was able to find some pieces on the internet (Replacements Ltd.) as "cx173".  The china set has 2 "love chips".  One chip is on the lid of the teapot and the other chip is on a luncheon plate.  I'm not thrilled with the chips but, hey, it means that this china has been enjoyed!  I promised the previous owner that I would take good care of it and enjoy it like she did.

At the very same garage sale where I found the china, Jordan found a couple of tennis rackets.  Jordan loves tennis but we haven't played in a loooong time.  The rackets at one point sold for $150 easily but he haggled for 2 rackets and a case for $17.00.  
I guess we'll be taking a trip to the tennis courts soon! 
Top Left: For my birthday, Jordan bought a beautiful white cake stand to display my birthday cake.  Well, I've loved this cake stand but while shopping around I found a dome top that fit it pretty well.  That was another good find!

At this point it was starting to get pretty hot outside so we stopped at one LAST sale before calling it a day.  I'd already given in to my "dish-itis" but naturally, I found a piece of furniture that I needed.
Top Left: I think this piece was used as a side board/buffet.  It's real wood, on casters, and has shallow drawers.  Under normal circumstances the shallow drawers would be a drawback but in this instance I was looking for something to store my jewelry so that I could see it a little better.  After buffing up this piece and then wiping it down with pledge, it looked great!  I immediately moved in and it's so much easier to find my stuff now.
Other Pics: After a hard morning of garage sales we decided to try a new restaurant.  We ate at Silver Thai and my Pad Kee Moa was delicious!  Thai has been one of our favorite cuisine lately.

The next day we did yard work and errands (I know...it's so "suburbia" of us), but I quite enjoyed it.  Our backyard tree has grown so much in the last few years and after mowing, the yard so looked great!  I couldn't help taking a picture of it!
I've also managed to keep my flowers alive and they make it so pleasant to sit on our back porch in the evenings.
In all honesty, Jordan's really helped me keep these guys alive.  Particularly, our hydrangea plant needs SO much water!  Sheesh!  

Jordan has managed to revive our hydrangea bush from last year.  I hope this little guy establishes himself and grows lots and lots of flowers this summer.  I love the full white hydrangea blooms so much!

And lastly, I leave you with this mouth watering picture of my kryptonite, Neiman Marcus Bars.  I made these for my co-workers for cinco de Mayo and they were completely gone by the end of the day.  YUM!
 Happy Mayo!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese it Up

July 4th with Family

Doodles and Drawings