Bluebonnets and Birthday Bowl

Texas Bluebonnets are all over the place!  It's the season for wildflowers and that means there are fields and fields of bluebonnets everywhere you look!  Last weekend, we made time to take a few pictures in a nearby bluebonnet field, thanks to our photographer, Jenn, we captured some beautiful pictures!  Thanks Jenn for helping us out!  Here are a few photos from that day:

It is tricky to get both Jordan and I with our eyes open, but Abby added a level of difficulty because she was very excited about other people and kids (tiny humans) in the vicinity!  These are some of my favorites with all three of us cooperating.

We pulled Jenn into our pictures too (using a tripod).  Jenn and I must have been on the same wavelength, because we both wore mint!  We couldn't have planned that if we tried!  

If you've never seen a field of bluebonnets, it is a breathtaking experience.  As you can see, they go on and on in the background of these pictures.  Mid-April in Texas is the best time to see them (if it's been a fair season for rain).  No matter how many people stop to take pictures in these kinds of fields, it amazes me how the public cooperates in the name of that flower.  Everyone steps lightly, and in past foot prints, so that they hurt as few bluebonnets as possible.  It think it's awesome.

And no photoshoot is complete without a few outtakes.  We had some funny moments captured so I have to show you the "real" story.  We are not polished people by any means.  Even Abby looked annoyed every now and then...
Love the bloopers!  
These pictures make me smile perhaps more than the "normal" pictures!

After bluebonnet time, Jordan had some work to do so Jenn and I grabbed lunch together.  It's been a while since we've enjoyed a meal together and I loved catching up!  With the nice weather lately, we might have to squeeze in a few patio lunches again soon!  Gotta catch the opportunity before the summer heat sets in!

Later in the weekend, Jordan and I went to see family to celebrate my dad's birthday!  He and I both have April birthdays so it's always an action packed month.  We met up with Dad, Mom, Scott, and Elizabeth to hit the lanes and do some bowling.   

I even managed to find a bowling ball that calmed my anxiety of getting my finger stuck in the holes.  Yes, that really happened when I was a child hanging out with my Grandpa P.  To this day, I exercise caution to find the largest finger holes as possible.
These are various pictures of everyone getting their bowl on.  Such great smiles, aren't they!  

I love them all but I have a couple favorites.  In the bottom left, Jordan has such suspicious smile.  He's probably getting ready for his wicked curve ball.  And I just now noticed that it looks like Scott is about to sneeze behind him.  Teeheehee!!  Sorry Scott!

My other favorite is Elizabeth mid-laughter in the bottom right.  We really had a good time that afternoon!

I got a lot of "man pictures" as it turned out.  These are some of my most favorite men and they are indeed a handsome group!  Shout out to my brother, Andy, not pictured.  I miss him lots and lots.  

We managed to squeeze in 3 games I think?  Unfortunately, I only captured this 1 scoreboard pic.  Looks like Mom rocked it this game!  Don't worry, the bowling improved after everyone got a game of practice under their belt.

After bowling, we went to one of Dad's favorite restaurants, Pappasitos.  YUM!  That place has the best fajitas and "family style" is the way to go.  Awesome treat!
Here's to Dad's birthday and many more happy and healthy years to come!  Love you!

And that's all folks!  Hope everyone got their taxes turned in on time! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese it Up

July 4th with Family

Doodles and Drawings