Autumn Welcome

Happy Autumn to all of you out there!  I've got a mellow post for ya'll today.  It's been a few weeks in between posts because Jordan and I have both been pretty busy with work.  My company just closed our fiscal half so the last several weeks have been a little nutty.  Basically, I've been sucked into the vortex of corporate jargon and worrying about "revenue", "margin, "inco terms", "stock levels", yadda, yadda.  I survived the vortex, but I'm grateful that it is the beginning of October!

It has still been pretty warm in Texas so the temperatures don't really reflect the Fall season.  We are expecting a cool front tonight so we might see the 60's soon!

Jordan and I did a little yard work/planting around our yard a few weekends ago to get ready for the season. Do you remember the hydrangea plant that I shared with ya'll earlier this summer?  Well, the little plant is barely surviving.  I think the heat was too much for it and I might have forgotten to water it a few times.  I think the only reason this hydrangea is still living is because Jordan has watered it for me.  Bless that man....

Lesson learned.  Hydrangeas require a LOT of water and canNOT get too hot.  Oopsie.  Jordan and I planted what's left of the hydrangea in the ground to give it a fighting chance at surviving.  Maybe that will be better than living in a pot.  Below is a picture of the poor plant these days.

I'm hanging on to a shred of hope that this bush will survive, bounce back, and possibly even establish itself in this place.  It would be so lovely to have fresh hydrangea flowers.

We did some other planting too.  
Top: Since the hydrangea was moved from a pot to the ground, we put a mum plant in our vacant pot.  It's a little squished, but the mum seems to have better luck than the hydrangea.  It even has a couple of blooms!
Bottom: While we were on a roll, we planted some potato vines in a pot in our backyard.  Again, I hope the potato vine will be okay in the volatile fall temperatures.  So far, these vines have lived under my care and protection for a whole 2 weeks.  No, I haven't killed them (yet), in fact the potato vine even produced a little flower yesterday (below)! 

I had no idea potato vines bloomed?!  I'm pretty darn sure this IS a potato vine, but I suppose it could have been miss labeled in the store.  Oh well, the flower is a bonus.

The month of September also brought some financial changes for us.  Last month, we re-financed our home.  It was an awful lot of work to find all the right paperwork and understand the complicated documents, but it's done!  Our monthly payment only went up $2.00 and our interest rate dropped a full point.  We even lost 15 years of payments (30 year down to a 15 year)!!!  Not too shabby.  I'm really glad that process is behind us.  Ugh!  

If you're thinking about refinancing your home, this might be a good time before interest rates go back up!  Jordan and I went through Churchill Mortgage.  I'm not the easiest customer to please, but I felt like we got great service and would use them again.  Plus, Churchill Mortgage is recommended by Dave Ramsey!  We are big fans of Dave Ramsey as you might have guessed from our picture I posted in June of this year!


I was really excited to see these little words on our bank statement once everything closed and the paperwork was signed.  "Pd in FULL"!  Of course, we still have a monthly mortgage to pay, but someday, it will be awesome to see these words and officially own our home!  Gotta have goals people!

As I mentioned, I'm excited that cooler temps are on the way so I couldn't resist buying a few candles for the season.  I LOVE candles!  They figuratively and literally warm any kind of space and make me smile (Jordan says I like candles because I have a bit of pyro in me...I get it from my mom).  I went into Bath and Body works for 2 candles, just two, and walked out with 4.  Eek!  Still, I'm looking forward to some of these great scents. 

And I'll leave you all with a couple lazy shots of Abby and Jordan.  These are some of my favorites.
Top Left: Just waiting patiently for me to stop my work and play with her.
Bottom Left: Snuggling with Jordan.  She is a live teddy bear and will cuddle with you for hours if you let her.
Right:  I just don't know how to describe this picture.  This is her favorite position to sleep in and I find it hilarious.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese it Up

July 4th with Family

Doodles and Drawings