Cork It


This past weekend I finished a project that I have been working on for quite sometime.  Since college I have collected wine corks just because they seemed interesting to me and represented little memories from our life.  They are little tokens to spark a thought.  I even went as far as to label a few of them (50% at least) with dates and places. Looking back, I realized that I've collected many corks from anniversaries, birthdays, holidays, and even just plain old evenings at home.

Only recently did I figure out what I wanted to do with all these corks.  I decided to purchase a large picture frame and glue the corks into an attractive pattern.  (Jordan would call the pattern "parque") He and I have recently returned from a trip to Europe so I'd hoped to place the corks collected on that trip in the middle/most prominent place on the frame. 

It was a little like putting together a puzzle because I quickly learned that not all corks are the same size.  Part of the allure is that each cork is different, but they actually vary widely in size, color, and composition. After putting together my puzzle, I was a few corks short and just this past weekend obtained the last and final cork for our board. (Thank you Jenn Jenn!)

It was a surprisingly easy project that I would do again some day.  Or maybe I'll make something a little different next time.  Either way, I will continue to collect those little tokens.

Here is a picture of the finished product.
You can see the design slightly change in the middle to display the corks from our Europe trip.  Most of the Barefoot, Yellowtail, and Beringer corks are on the border since they are a little small.


This is a close up of a few corks in the middle! (before glue down)

And here is a quick shot of us at Ponte Vecchio bridge!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese it Up

July 4th with Family

Doodles and Drawings