El Paso Family Honoring Ruth

Hi All!  I have another "retro" post to share today.

Last month (early August), we received the sad news that Jordan's Grandmother, Ruth, had passed away.  She was a lovely lady and will be very missed!

Jordan and I traveled to El Paso to attend her funeral services and though it was an unfortunate occasion, it was certainly great to see family!  Jordan and I both have large families and they are scattered all over the country.  Subsequently, this was the first time I'd met some of Jordan's relatives!  It took me a couple of days to get all the names straight!

Top: Jordan and Me with his mom, Ryan, Jane, and baby L.
Bottom: Jordan's uncles and mom!  From L to R - Tony, Bill, Robert, Steve, Dave, and Kathy
I think the names were difficult because just like Jordan, I also have an uncle with each of these names, except Bill.  

The service for Grandma Ruth was beautiful and I think everyone felt at peace with the closure.  Ruth was 91 years young but left behind a large family legacy!  This is group picture (or at least everyone we could round up at the moment):
We enjoyed a delicious dinner as a family after the service.  I'll spare you the long list of names, but I think it's so cool that this picture holds three generations and includes two unborn babies (that we know of)!  

While we were in El Paso, we had a mini-cousin reunion and also saw Jordan's other Grandma, Pat.
Top: Cousin reunion at Chuy's!  Seriously, this family needs a few more ladies!  
Bottom Left: Jordan and Me with Grandma Pat!  Pat was in good spirits and very interesting to talk to.  Her feistiness reminded me of my own family.  
Bottom Right: Jordan, Kathy, and Ryan

At some point during the visit, Jordan and I took a little drive around El Paso.  It's was a lot larger than I remember!  We decided to stop by the Texas Tech satellite campus and check it out (go Red Raiders)!
I think it's amazing how the campus architecture in El Paso is almost the exact same as the architecture of the buildings in Lubbock!  It really made me feel nostalgic for our college days.
Top Left: I can assure you that Texas DOES have mountains, lots of them!  And they surround El Paso!  Those mountains made a beautiful backdrop to gorgeous sunsets!
Top Right and Bottom Left: Various pictures of Jordan and me on the EP TTU campus.  We are nerds.
Bottom Right: Double Ts where everywhere!  I snapped this one on the sidewalk heading back to our car.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese it Up

July 4th with Family

Doodles and Drawings