Doodles and Drawings

I've continued to have fun with my Tombow calligraphy markers that I talked about on my Tombow Watercolor post.  Pinterest is rich with unique and interesting art!  I've found that it's extremely relaxing to sit down and doodle with my markers while sipping quality wine and listening to some music.  It makes for a messy kitchen table but I feel very chill and in my own element!

The only new piece of art I have to share is this "hustle" poster I made for a friend.  I began by playing with the texture of watercolor paper (verses usually using "media" paper).  The water and markers react completely different depending on the surface and paper.  I ended up with this woodland-ish doodle.

Leaves are probably not the most interesting focus, but I had fun playing with the different shades of greens and browns along with the various textures of leaves.  I have so many shades of markers so it was a great opportunity to use them all!  For fun, I even threw in a little mustard color!

Here are some more detailed pictures:
Left: This art is 100% using Tombow markers, but since the markers are water based, there are a zillion techniques you can do to blend and mix colors.  I had fun adding water in a few places to create slightly different variations and shades.
Right:  Clearly, I'm still an amateur when it comes to penmanship.  I was taught cursive in elementry school, of course, but I only used the skill once in a while.  My personal "fonts" never turn out quite how I want them to look, but I was particularly happy with this "h".  
Maybe next time I will try to recreate THIS work by ThePostmansKnock.  It looks easy enough and a like a lot of fun!

After my woodland art, I decided to try my hand with a new watercolor texture and a metallic ink.
Left: This is a picture of art from Hobby Lobby that says "This girl runs on cupcakes & Jesus."  I just loved the colors and the gold ink looked great!  Hobby Lobby always has great art!
Right: Again, I'm amateur level when it comes to my personal font, but this is my attempt at replicating the art!  My background came out a little more pink than I would have preferred but I was very happy with the overall texture (letting some of the white of the paper come through).  Also, my ink had an almost bronze color rather than a gold tint.  It still looks good, but I didn't plan for that contrast (plus ink is expensive!).  All in all, I'm happy with how this piece turned out but I don't have any pink in my house!  Would any of my friends out there want this?

Lastly, I have some token pictures of Abby to share.  This pup is such a good doggie!  Lately she has been enjoying the bench swing in our back yard.  She leaps up onto the swing and digs around until she's comfy.
Left: Just starring that the birds eating from the bird feeder!  She could sit there all day just watching her kingdom.
Right: Occasionally, Jordan and I will pop outside to sit for a few minutes and she leaps in between us and assumes the position to maximize the belly rubbing opportunities.  #spoiled

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese it Up

July 4th with Family