Independence Day 2016

Happy 4th of July to y'all!!!  I just love the spirit surrounding this holiday.  It's so 'merican" with summer, burgers, water, fireworks, sunscreen, and fun.

Jordan and I split our long weekend between the lake and home.  It was kind of hard to leave the lake early but we had a fantastic time (as always).

I failed to take very many pictures of the events but y'all, sometimes the camera is tough to manage in the heat and around the water.  Here are a few pictures that I DID take from our Sunday swim time with friends and family.
Top Left: Little Sophie was so sleepy!  This pup loves the water and everything about it.  She really worked hard swimming around with everyone and I think she finally hit a wall of exhaustion.  
Top Right: AJ and Cassidy floating on the inner tube island!
Bottom: Cindy and Mom looking beautiful and getting some sun on another giant tube/platform!

Libby (my my first cousin once removed) had a ball at the lake!  She was really into doing cannon balls and being thrown into the lake by Jordan!

Top Left: Jennifer, Libby, and Morgan - I love that Jennifer is holding some random little foot!
Top Right: Jordan sitting on the end of the dock!
Bottom: This is the general gang throwing a ball around and lounging.

When we got back to the Dallas area, we researched a few nearby places to see fireworks on Monday night.  We had a nice little date night watching the show.  Allen, Richardson, and Plano all had fantastic shows so it was hard to choose from!
Top Left: Jordan and I after we finally found a good place to sit.  The view was spectacular.
Bottom Left: I'm kind of proud of my homemade patriotic wreath!  I pull this out every Memorial day, 4th of July, and Labor Day!  Let the rockets burst in air!
All others: Random pics of the show!  I was impressed with our view considering we showed up 20 minutes till show time!

If you're looking for a good patriotic tv show to enjoy, we would recommend John Adams starring Paul Giamatti.  You can find the 6 episode season 1 on Amazon (free if you're a Prime customer).  Jordan and I thought the show was very interesting and showed a different side to the American Revolution.  Check it out if you're interested!

Thomas Jefferson: "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese it Up

July 4th with Family

Doodles and Drawings