Valentines Day Rock

Meep!  I seem to be perpetually behind when it comes to blog posts.  Jordan and I have had a wonderful week!  We are both settling into our new jobs, the weather has been beautiful, and all in all, life is good!  Last weekend we had a visit from my brother, Scott, and Elizabeth! The four of us had a lot of fun hanging out together so, of course, I have some pictures to share!

We decided to load up and head to TopGolf Saturday after lunch, and on the way, we passed the South Fork Ranch.  If you've ever seen the show Dallas, you'll know the SF Ranch is kind of a big deal.  We didn't have time to tour the ranch, but we did stop for a quick photo opp!  There was construction on the street but don't worry, we were careful.

Behind us is the SF ranch house.  Oh, and it was wiiiindy!  Disregard the disheveled hair.  Top: Scott and Elizabeth.  Bottom: Jordan and I.

TopGolf is always a good time.  For one thing, they keep the temperature as constant as possible.  Each bay has heaters and fans so that you don't freeze or swelter.  We picked a bay near the end of the building to block some of the wind which worked out perfectly!  Top: Group picture!  Bottom: Our handsome guys!

One of the best things about TopGolf is that you can golf as much or as little as you want.  Each player has 20 balls per game so you can hit all 20 at once or you can take turns until each player has hit all 20 of their balls.  I'm not, shall we say... an "avid sportser," so I typically let Jordan hit under my name a few times.  All the while, those who are waiting for their turn can enjoy snacks, drinks, and visiting.  These are some pictures of each of us stepping up to the tee to take our turn smashing it!  

This is one of my favorite pics of Scott and Elizabeth.  Even with Jordan's photo bombing, it's a great shot of them both!

This is one of my favorites too.  Jordan looks so happy to be out in the fresh air sportsing around!

Later that evening, we came home to make steaks and start up a fire in the back yard.  I was so excited because I'd bought all the fixin's for s'mores around a mini (city) campfire!  
Dinner turned out great, but unfortunately, the fire fell through.  Literally, the fire really "fell through" our fire-pit!  The boys said there was too much rust in the bowl and so the firewood, ashes, and flames all tumbled out the bottom of the fire pit!  I wish I'd captured a picture of the backyard post fire collapse but I just didn't think of it.  The scene was hilarious because the whole thing was watered down by the hose, smoking, and looked quite funny with coals scattered all over the grass.  Instead, the boys settled for a quick game of washers (bottom right and left) while the steaks were cooking. I guess that means we need to invest in a new fire-pit.  Perhaps something with thicker metal.

The work week went pretty well.  I've been enjoying my lunch hours a lot more lately because the level of stress in my new job is a little lighter than I'm used to.  It's amazing how that little change can alter your day.  I do miss having a team under me, but mostly because I just miss the people.  In my new job (without direct reports) I only have to worry about me and my own work.  It's a strange feeling but kind of awesome!  Anyhoo, I've been going to the park to read a book once in a while during my lunch break lately.  Tis the season for geese!
Top Left and Bottom:  I just got a new sticker for our car and really dig it.  I found this monogram sticker on the internet and couldn't resist.  We're still loving our new car and regularly enjoy the extra space.  
Top Middle and Right: These are my park pictures of the geese enjoying lunch with me!

That brings us to today!  It's been peaceful Valentines Day so far!  Jordan and I were reminiscing about last year's valentines day and remembered that it will be a year ago tomorrow that I sprained my ankle.  Ouch.  That was an awful experience and after a full year, I feel like I'm finally healed completely.  You can read about that painful experience HERE.  Those pictures give me shivers.

Yesterday Jordan came home with these beautiful flowers!  He knows how much I love hydrangeas and brought home these little beauties!
I loved them so much that I decided to put a single stem in our bedroom.  It's a happy morning to wake up to flowers, coffee, and sunshine (I'm pretty cheesy, I know)!

This is my single stem hydrangea in my high class garage-sale vase.  Hey, you can't beat 50 cents people.  

Last night we enjoyed a delightful dinner at a new restaurant.  We went to a newly opened place called, The Rock.  The theme of the place is basically rock n' roll, so all their dishes and drinks are named after rock songs.  The food was good and the atmosphere was pretty cool.  It reminded us both of Guy Fieri's restaurant in Vegas.  
Here are some pictures of the vibe.  That would be a guitar chandelier (top right).  I also really liked this iron gate to their patio with "Led Zeppelin" cut out.

Our meal was good.  As I said, the atmosphere in this restaurant is really cool but you pay for it in their prices.

I had the "Hello Goodbye Burger" (top right) and Jordan had the "Born on the Bayou Pasta" (top left).  My burger was good but I especially liked my sweet-potato fries!
The entire place has kind of a construction theme.  There are lots of "tumbling" bricks around the place (bottom left).

Top Left: Continuing with the construction theme, we sat under a scaffolding with our light hung from some seemingly rickety boards.
Top Right: We must have both been starving because we finished our meals!  Yum!

Happy Valentines day from us!  Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese it Up

July 4th with Family

Doodles and Drawings