It was OK

Hi everyone!  Hope you all are having a great Summer!  I haven't checked in for a while because I wanted to give myself a little bit of a break.  I'm finally getting back into a groove and wanted to share a little bit about our recent trip to Oklahoma.  It was several weeks ago but was such fun!

We hit up Oklahoma to visit our ex-neighbors and good friends, Mallory and Nathan.  They were kind enough to host Jordan, me, and Abby at their house and we packed the weekend with fun!

First we hit up a fantastic Mexican food place, Hidalgo's.  All of us had fajitas and the food was delightful.  This place takes dips seriously too.  Each person got their own personal salsa and queso plus they had several other specialty dips.

These are various pictures from our lovely dinner.  Bottom left: We had to brush up on our selfie-skills.  Back in the day on our Nimbus trip we had that skill down pat!

We kicked back and visited after dinner and enjoyed the cool weather.  The temperature was perfect!
Tinsel and Abby were both acting strangely.  Top: Tinsel is enjoying a tasty beverage SO much that she buried her face in a cup.  Gotta love Phil Dunphey
Bottom Right: I have no idea how Abby is comfortable in this strange position.

Saturday the 4 of us tried something new, PAINTBALL!
Honestly, I was pretty skeptical about paintball.  I'm not exactly an outdoorsie person and getting pelted with painful paintballs while wearing hot clothes in hot temperatures made me nervous.  As it turns out, all that worrying was for nothing.  As for the pain, there was none.  We played low velocity paintball.  It was "all the fun and no pain"!  Or so the sales guy told us.  As for the hot temperatures, yes it was warm but we got a beautiful rain storm towards the end of our games and it really cooled things down!  My only regret is that we have no pictures to share except for this terrible muddy tire.  Hey, cell phones are expensive and we didn't want to risk shattering our phone screens.  The red mud on this tire represents the day pretty well.  We all had plenty of mud and dirt on our clothes.


Saturday night we hit up Kevin Durant's new restaurant in Oklahoma City.  It was soooo good!
Top Right: The menu's were back lit with LED lights.  Impressive but unnecessary.
Bottom Right: We're getting better at the selfies now that we'd had some practice!

KD's food was great and the service was awesome.  I was pretty thirsty and dehydrated from the day but they never let our water glasses empty.  Mallory and I both had the honey fried chicken (top left), Jordan had a great burger and fries (right), and Nathan enjoyed coconut shrimp (bottom left)

Dodger's time!
After dinner we went to the nearby stadium to watch a Dodger's baseball game.  Nathan got all of us A-mazing seats so we literally sat right behind home plate, first row.  I've never been that close to a baseball game!

Mallory was really excited because she is a huge Craig Gentry fan (right).  Apparently, Craig plays for the Oakland Athletics (Nashville Sounds) now and we were so close we could have touched him!  I think we said his name so many times in conversation he started to seem suspicious.

Before we knew it our visit with Mallory and Nathan was over and we were headed back home.  Our Oklahoma trip was better than "OK".  It was great to see our dear friends and we are already talking about the next time we can see each other.  
The Oklahoma sky was really active on our way home.  We hit some very heavy rains (storm clouds pictures top) and then suddenly the sun came out just as quickly (bottom).  I love the wide open spaces of Texas and Oklahoma.  It's a pleasant drive and juuust when you get tired of being in the car, you're minutes from home.

It was a bummer to return to work after such a great trip but luckily, my company had a corporate holiday so it was only a 4 day work week.  The whole company got together to celebrate our history and 80 years in business.  It was actually pretty cool to see everyone all in one place.
Top Left: our cool t-shirts.  Every year the t-shirts are just BAD.  Terrible designs around hokey themes.  This year they kept it simple and the t-shirts were normal for once!
Bottom Left: This is one example of many products that my company makes.  

These are all pictures of products that we used to make.  It was sort of a big line showing the evolution of our products.  I though these old cell phones were hilarious!

My company holiday also came with a wonderful surprise!  I recently switched jobs so my brain has been filling with new information and slowly (against my will) forgetting my old wealth of knowledge.  I'd forgotten that I helped the company on a cost saving logistic project and I was given an award for my efforts!


Out of the whole company, me and a team of about 10 people were rewarded for our hard work!  Nice!

In other news.... Jordan and I recently had dentist appointments and were recommended night guards to sleep in.  My teeth, I'm told, show signs of clenching and Jordan is a grinder.  To stop this damage from happening in our sleep, a night guard is supposed to create a barrier and help us sleep better.

The verdict is still out on whether or not the night guard works.  The first few nights I really hated having it in my mouth.  I felt like my teeth were getting pinched.  After 2 weeks of sleeping with the night guard, my teeth don't feel pinched but I'm not sure if it's doing a good job.  My jaw has hurt a lot today but it's hard to tell if that is from the mouth guard or if it's from the foods I've been eating.  Corn on the cob, hamburgers, apples, yadda yadda, all those foods hurt my jaw even though I love them.

If you don't like teeth look away!  These are pictures of our teeth molds and mouth guards (I'm on the left side of these pictures and Jordan is on the right side).  The teeth molds make me laugh because the plaster is fragile and cracks easily.  Both Jordan and I ended up with cracked front teeth on our molds!  What do I even do with these disgusting objects memorializing the shape of our teeth?  We'll let you know how the mouth guards work over time.  

Lastly, I'm excited to have received my latest Ipsy bag!  I can't decide if I love the products or if I love the small surprise in the mail more.  This month I got some exciting sussies pictured below.

Well, that's about all I've got for you guys today.  I've been on a blog sabbatical for so long that I have tons to share but it'll have to wait till next time. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese it Up

July 4th with Family

Doodles and Drawings