Christmas 2014 - Part 2

Hi everyone!  This is part 2 of our little Christmas holiday!  You can read part 1 here, where we spent time with our family on Jordan's side in San Antonio.  I have LOTS more pictures to share with you though!

This year, we were expecting kind of a quiet Christmas on my side of the family.  We'd even debated whether or not to go to the lake for Christmas this year.  As it turned out, my brother, Andy, had a break from work (in the Gulf of Mexico).  After speaking with his company, it worked out such that he could spend a week in Texas with family!  The timing could not have been more perfect!  After that, one thing lead to another.  Andy's girlfriend, Christina, flew down from Virginia and we now had our whole family together!  I can't remember the last time my immediate family was together for Christmas.  With work schedules and living in different areas, it has become more and more difficult to arrange.  This Christmas we had 8 of us!  Mom and Dad, Jordan and I, Andy and Christina, and Scott and Elizabeth.

Jordan and I arrived back at my parents house just in time to pack up and drive to the lake for our Christmas Eve service!  You can read about the roots/history of our Christmas Eve candlelight service here.  Poor Jordan, he still pays for a little error that turned out to be a blessing and tradition!

Top: Lots of family and friends ready for our candlelight service under the pavilion!
Middle Right and Left: Everyone played a little part in the service by reading an excerpt.  Dad was actually very prepared and gave us all excellent verses to read.
Bottom Left: This heater was such a blessing.  It was so cold that night but we were very warm tucked under this heater and near the fire!
Bottom Right: This is our family Christmas calendar!  We've had it in our family ever since I can remember.  Scott and I would fight over who got to move the mouse from one pocket to the next.  Even though we are both grown, I can't help myself try to beat him to it! ;)

As I mentioned, there were several of us who read bible verses aloud.  Dad did an excellent job preparing the readings and he lead our little group in worship.
Top Left: Dad
Middle Left: Christina
Bottom Left: Scott and Elizabeth
Middle Top: Me
Top Right: John
Middle Bottom: AJ
Bottom Right: Andy

After the service, we had some time for family pictures. I still have a long way to go photography-wise, but it's easy to photograph such a good looking group of people!
It is so wonderful to see both my brothers happy with each of their girlfriends!  I'd already met Elizabeth last month, and this season I was able to meet Christina as well!  These lovely ladies put up with our nutty family and easily joined in the festivities!
Top Left: Elizabeth and Scott
Top Right: Andy and Christina
Bottom Left: Jordan and I
Bottom Right (from L to R): Jordan, me, Andy, Christina, Mom, Dad, Elizabeth, and Scott

No holiday is complete in our family without MUSIC!  We were serenaded by Dad, Aunt Cindy, Uncle Tony, and Andy! 
Top Left: Dad and Andy
Top Right: Dad, Andy, Cindy, Tony
Bottom Left: Dad's shiny Baritone bell!
Bottom Right: Instrumentalists hard at work!

We had such a fun party under the pavilion!  Below are more group pictures!
Top (from L to R): Another family picture!  Jordan, me, Andy, Christina, Mom, Dad, Elizabeth, and Scott
Bottom Right and Left: The MEN!

That beard!  The whole family got a laugh out of Andy's beard.  The combination of Andy's mannerisms and the fact that his beard comes in red, reminded everyone of Yukon Cornelius from Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer!  "Silver!!!"
The comparison is almost uncanny!  You can check out the clip below if you want to remember the scene!


Christmas morning we had gift time!  I don't have too many good pictures from the morning but caught a few funny pictures below!
Top Right and Left: Abby was not enthused by the mess of wrapping paper but she did get a new toy to play with.  
Middle Right: Jordan and Scott
The funny gift of the day (among many) was Tannerite!  Pretty cool!  We all received some wonderful gifts from each other and Santa!  It was a great morning!  Great...someone gave Cornelius Tannerite!

After presents, everyone was able to do what they wanted to do.  Scott played around with his new helicopter and Abby was entranced!  That little pup is obsessed with the helicopter, not to destroy it, but just to taste it.  In the top left picture she was very close to snatching the helicopter.  In the top right picture, is the after math..lol.
Bottom left and right: Jordan and I did a little jeep riding.  I'm feeling more and more comfortable behind the wheel of the jeep.  The beach is the best place to practice driving a standard.

One of the presents that Scott and Andy got was ammo.  To me, that is a strange thing to ask for at Christmas, but both seemed to be super excited.  Each of us got a turn shooting Scott's 9mm (with laser scope).  I'm not too crazy about the gun.  It kicks so much that it's difficult for me to aim.

After the 9mm we graduated to one of Tony's guns (considerably larger). We had AJ take a picture of the six of us and I think this is one of my favorites.  Everyone has a great smile and we are all relaxed Christmas day!

That evening we had an amazing Christmas dinner at Cindy's house.  Everyone brought various delights to dinner and mom made a prime rib.  Uggllll-drool.  It was so delicious!
That's my plate pictured.  Yup...no shame!  I wish I had leftovers.

The rest of the day we just kind of goofed off.  Andy received a bioheater stove thingy for Christmas that the menfolk found to be very entertaining.
Top Left: AJ and his new Christmas puppy, Fluke.  He is adorable!
Top Right and Bottom Left: This is the biostove at work.  Basically, it is a stove that will burn any natural wood and turn it into an energy that will charge a phone (I know, it's really cool).  You can find it at BassPro or Cabellas and it's called BioLite CampStove.
Bottom Right: Christmas evening, we all played a little Pictionary under the pavilion.  This is a picture of the crowd from the viewpoint of the whiteboard.  Everyone is thinking really hard about what is being drawn and let me tell you, it got LOUD with all the screaming and guessing! 

It was so great to have both my brother's home for the holiday!  

After Christmas, the eight of us went dancing out on the town!  We visited a little place called the Love Shack in downtown Fort Worth and then hopped around from there.
Top: This is the whole gang at the Love Shack
Bottom: Mom is a big fan of John Wayne and we found his star on the main drag so we had to get a picture with it.

On our way between little dives we found this place that had the most hilarious bar stools! All of us got a good picture.
Top: The girls!  After the picture, we took a second look and realized there is a second hand on the fanny of my particular stool?  Yup, that extra hand came from my stranger neighbor!
Bottom: The boys had an equally funny picture!

Back in Mom and Dad's area, we were able to meet up with our friends, Nathan and Mallory at Babes!  Since they have moved to Oklahoma, we hadn't seen them in quite awhile and it was nice to hang out with them again!

Well, that's about all I have for you all today!  I wish you all a happy holiday with family and friends!  See you in the new year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese it Up

July 4th with Family

Doodles and Drawings