Christmas 2014 - Part 1

Merry Christmas and Happy (almost) New Year to everyone!  I'm excited to share some pictures with you from our Christmas break this year.  There are so many pictures that I'm going to have to make this part 1 of 2 posts!  In general, I have to say this has been one of the best Christmas breaks ever.  I certainly have a lot to learn in my new job, but one of the perks of the new role is that I get two whole weeks off during the holiday.  I don't know of any other company that does that anymore these days.  Because of that, I've totally relaxed into a do-what-we-want-when-we-want kind of routine.  It's awesome!

We started our break in San Antonio to see Jordan's family.  On his side, we have 6 nieces and 1 nephew.  Whew!  Those kids have energy.

Our first night in San Antonio, we went out to dinner with Jordan's mom, Kathy, Kevan, and kiddos.
Top Left: Kathy, Brooklan, and me.  This was the first time I've met Brooklan and she is such an easy baby!  She let me hold her right away and it was hilarious watching her eat
Top Right: Brooklan giggling during dinner. I think this was after she dumped the contents of a bowl on herself...lol.
Bottom Right and Left: This is Mady and I hanging out during dinner.  She is in a stage where she LOVES all things that have to do with make up.  With a little lip gloss, her and I made a face for the camera (bottom right)

Top Left: This is Austin and Kevan.  That kid can eat and we definitely caught him stealing food from other peoples plates!
Middle Left: Kathy and Jordan
Bottom Left: Back at Kevan and Tiffani's house, we played with Romper, the rabbit.  This is a picture of the boys trying to get Romper out from under the TV stand.  That rabbit squeezed himself into a tight space and confounded the boys for a little while...lol!
Right Multiple: Austin and I have never really had the chance to play (or "roughhouse" in boy-speak).  This particular night, he was having a ball kicking around with me.  That boy is definitely strong!

The following day, we decided to go to the Tower of the Americas and the river walk in downtown San Antonio.  Because it was a weekday, we got right in and were able to explore the sights up in the tower.
Top Left: Jordan and I
Top Right: Sierra (Sisi) and I
Bottom Left: Ryan, Sisi, Jordan, me, Mariah, and Kayla (Thank you to Jane for taking the picture for us!)
Bottom Right: It was a strange coincidence that several of us girls wore pink that day.  Here, I'm walking with Mariah and Kayla.

Top Left: We were up on the observation deck checking out the skyline of San Antonio!  Pictured are, me, Sisi, Kayla (love her cheese smile), and Jane)
Top Right: Sierra promptly fell asleep while I was holding her, but it was so nice to hug on her for a while.
Top Middle: Kayla asked Ryan and Uncle Jordan to help her look out at the city.  It was a two man effort but so cute!
Bottom Left: Back at Kathy's house, the girls had a little time to play outside - ring around the rosy
Bottom Right: This is Kayla with a water gun aiming (rather well) at Uncle Jordan

Then, it was present time!!
Top Left: Austin playing with his drill.  Seriously, this kid "fixed" everything around the house.  He was intent and very focused on his tasks.  It was great to watch.
Top Right: Mariah, Mady, and Kayla
Middle Left: Sierra caught with some cheese puffs!
Middle Right: After reading the story of baby Jesus, Kathy asked me to read "Twas the Night Before Christmas" to the kiddos.  Thank goodness it is kind of a short story because there was lots of wiggling and antsy-ness to open presents!
Bottom Left: Madison's new hat!
Bottom Right: Kayla and her new doll!

Top Left: Austin and his new Dodge Viper.  I think Jordan and Kevan enjoyed it as much as Austin did!
Middle Left: Austin's new Thomas the Train blanket!  This year, I'd made various blankets for the kids and Austin is crazy about all things Thomas the Train!
Top Right: Mady and Mariah with their skip-its!  I think at first they were a little bummed about it until they realized how it worked.
Bottom Middle: Mady doing her best effort to skip.
Bottom Right: Kayla accidentally called Jordan on the telephone but I think she had just as much fun with that as she did with the presents!

Later that evening, we stopped by Kevan's house (yes, the kids still had energy).  I'm not sure if Jordan was trying to wear out the kids or if it was the other way around.
Left: Jordan flipped around Madison.  She's holding on for dear life but came back repeatedly for more.
Top Right: Our little monkeys hanging from the treadmill.  I love this picture because it's a combination of youth, missing teeth, and cheesy smiles. Priceless.
Middle Right: Dress up time!!!  They all switched outfits throughout the evening but for this moment they were various princesses.
Bottom Right: The whole family!  From L to R: Kayla, Jane, Ryan, Sierra, Dave, Austin, Jordan, Madison, Mariah, and Kevan

More group pictures!
Top: Ryan, Sierra, Dave, Jordan, me, Kayla, Mady, Mariah, Kevan, and Austin
Bottom Left: Ryan, Kevan, Jordan, and Dave
Bottom Right: Three generations of the men!  Ryan, Kevan, Austin, Dave, and Jordan!

Jordan and I had such a great visit in San Antonio and wish all our family a Merry Christmas!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese it Up

July 4th with Family

Doodles and Drawings